Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks again Mike. I'm using Windows XP.

It's not a Dell, it's an Advent 7104 as made by PC World in the UK. I will however go through the burn process again and check the disc on another machine.

Looking in My Computer, the disc (after burning) shows as Total Size 0, Free Space 0.

Strangely I also noticed that a CD-RW I had been using previously, which held files close to the 700MB capacity, is now showing a Total Size of 28.8MB, Free Space 28.8MB yet I can't even write the smallest file to this disc now.

I'm close to giving up.
Thanks for the reply Mike. I am working in XP. I've checked the configs in Power2Go and DVD-RW is listed as supported disc type for my player PHILIPS DVD+-RW SDVD8820 and the disc in question when in the drive is recognised as a blank erasable writable DVD-RW with capacity of 4488.1 MB capacity.

I'm a real PC novice, so have no idea what a firmware update is. If, given the above, this is the likely solution, can you please tell me how to do/check this.

Thanks again.
I can burn to DVD+R discs successfully but having problems burning to DWD-RW, which I have never tried before. My DVD drive is compatible and I am using a brand new blank DVD-RW. Power2Go verifies that the disc is blank, erasable and rewritable and has 4.7GB of space. I can actually go through the burn process to 100% completion and the message that the data disc burning has been completed appears. But the disc still shows as blank - in Windows Explorer as Total Size 0, Free Space 0. Double clicking on the drive brings up a blank. I have tried erasing the DVD-RW even though I know it's blank and trying again but no avail. I am trying with a very small file so file size can't be an issue. I burned a full 4.7GB DVD+R with no problems.

Can anybody help? Thanks in advance for any tips.

Go to: