Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi OnTheWeb, thank you soooo much.

May I ask if I need a new 'key' since the one from tech support expired a few days ago.

Also.... I just love your puppy profile pic!

Lin
Quick question.... is there another way to attach pics? I've used the
'attach files' tab a few times, but zippo.
Also.... OnTheWeb, may I ask if switching to 32 bit, I'd need to uninstall AND reinstall again? When I right click the (current) icons... I don't have the option you're talking about. ARGH.....

Lin
Hi again! Please forgive me for not replying back right away. I had to take a little break from this, and find my happy place again.
Okay.... since I'm calm and rational again (I hope!) here's what I've been having 'fun' with:

1) I tried to adjust the compatibility mode to 32-bit, but the only options I've given in properties is - return to a different version of Windows. ie: 95, 98, Me, XP. There's no option for a 32-bit compatibility mode when I right click the PD7 icon.

2) While using the MultiTrim.....
-I import the video file from a DVD
-Move it to the time line
-click MultiTrim
-enable magnifier
-hit play
-do my mark in's and mark out's
----- Get Multi Trim not responding /with a frozen frame
-I wait
-try again, and see the results
- click output, view
- hit OK
-it says 'updating timeline'
------ frozen again with PD not responding.
(see pic)

3) While trying to use the SlideShow
-I bring all my pics into the timeline.
-right click and hit 'select all'
-the option for the slideshow vanishes. Only the garbage can and more options icons remain. (see pic)

Welp, that about sums up my "fun"!

Before I jump though any more hoops.... do you have any idea what's going on?

Lin.... *in with the good air..... out with the bad*

p.s. I truly appreciate all your help. {{{hugs}}}
I hope the pics come through. I didn't see them in the preview.

ppss. Edited to add the pics. (I hope!)
Thank you soooo much OnTheWeb and Guy. {{{hugs}}} I just heard back from tech "support" (ahem) again, and they wanted me to uninstall / reinstall for the 7th time.
As you can probably assume, I'm ready to cancel this program. I have a brand new computer, (running vista 64 with 4gb's) that did have PD6 installed, (as well as my new JVC camcorder with PD5 express) but I wanted PD7 since it matched all the youtube video tutorials.
Dafydd, (if you're there) I loved all your EASY explanations - but they are soooo different than my experiences. This PD7 ultra does NOT behave like your tutorials - if at all. It continues to give me "not responding", "windows is looking for an explanation" error messages.
Is there anything I can do, before I reverse the charge on my credit card?
Lin, still trying to find a happy place......
Hi OntheWeb, and thank you for your reply. Yeppers, the definition of insanity, eh? (doing the same thing, expecting a different result!) But apparently, tech support wanted to really clean out my computer. (one version came with my JVC camcorder, another on the pc, and then this new upgrade) And, everytime I'd reinstall, something else would work.

My new computer has 4GB running Vista 64, so it SHOULD work. ACK. My main hemorrhoid now, is loading a video into the multi-trim, it freezes, and I get "program not responding".

Any ideas for me?

Lin
Hi! I'm a newbie to PD7 and have read bazillions of messages on this forum and viewed all the tutorials. BUT.... (you know there's always a 'but', eh?) The program (PD7 Ultra OEM upgrade) does not work for me. I've uninstalled and reinstalled (per tech support protocal) 6 - count'em SIX - times, and it still doesn't cooperate. I have a brand new (1 month old) computer, running Vista.

I feel like I'm ready to rock and roll, creating my movie... but, the program continues to lock , crash, and find errors.

Yes, I've contacted tech support several times.... but I need help now, not 2 days from now.

Is anyone else out there having these issues? HELP!

Sorry if I sound a little frustrated, but I've been "playing" with this issue for 3 full days..... argh....

Lin.... find a happy place, find a happy place, find a happy place......
Go to: