Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This is not an HP problem. I have an HP as well. This is 100% a Cyberlink YouCam issue. There are multiple, countless, people having the same issue and they aren't using an HP. It just so happens that I have an HP as well and I am getting the "no webcam detected as well" message when opening, or trying to, Youcam. My inegrated camera works, though as an HP user you already know that there aren't enough settings that come with it to get a crisp or clean screen/camera/video, which is why I purchased YouCam years ago and have been updating to the latest versions ever since, but now I'm not upgrading anything, because it's been a year give or take since I could actually get YouCam to detect my integrated HP True Vision camera which is working fine. I've opened tickets every year, last was a year or 2 ago and they didn't contact me personally, but instead sent me a link to instructions on how to fix it (cyberlink), and after following the steps it did not resolve the issue at all. I recently opened a new ticket yesterday or the day before - let's see if they contact me appropriately (or not) this time. Most of us paid for our Cyberlink You Cam product and their lack of help is unacceptable. That being said - once again, this is NOT an HP or any other computer brand issue, it's 100% a Cyberlink YouCam issue.

Quote I have similar problems.
After a windows update, my HP Truevision webcam and mic disappeared completely. For 2 years they worked great, it was only earlier in 2020 the problem started occuring for me.
It now comes and goes. Somtimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It is really frustrating and for this reason, I will never buy another HP laptop again as there seems to be no fix for this problem. You just have to wait and hope for the best. One day it will work, one day it won't.

My youcan is now saying in a pop up that there is no webcam detected. This has only started happening in the last few days.
HP support are useless when it comes to this issue.
It needs to be sorted because in this day and age, a lot of us are relying on our webcam and mic for online meetings.
Go to: