Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Only if I can work out the offset.

But I've thought up another plan: position each asset in the middle of a transparent full frame size image (i.e. 2560x1440 I'm using), then they'll appear at the right size on the timeline and I just need to position and scale them. Cross fingers!
I'll take some screenshots when I get time. The PIP Designer is where scale seems to be a decimal value, no sign of pixel dimensions that I could find.
I've just had a play and can get assets to bounce onto screen as I'd like, but it's a bit annoying that I upload a logo or words as a smaller PNG and when I drop them on the timeline they scale up to fill either the width or height of the screen. Then there's no easy way to get them at the right pixel dimensions, as scaling seems to be an arbitrary number, meaning you have to resize them by grabbing the corners of the asset and trying to size them down by eye!

I wish that if I had an asset 500px wide and the video is 2560px wide, that it was easier to get it in the timeline at 500px wide, instead of it first appearing stretched to 2560px stretched then resizing it by eye!
Thanks for all the advice!

Regarding point 3, I meant if I have video game footage at say 640x480 resolution, upscaling it for 1440p (for example) will smooth the edge of the pixels, rather than keeping them sharp (same with still images).

I'll try, where possible, to use wrappers and upscalers to record the games in 1440p with pixels showing (this is easy with programs like DOSbox) but for old Windows games it's more tricky, as sometimes scaling programs won't support them fully.

So I was really wondering if it's possible to upscale a low res video and reveal the pixels as sharp squares, rather than softening the edges of them.
1. If I drop in an asset on the timeline (e.g. image), it always appears full width on the screen. Is there an easy way to get images to start with original dimensions without going through attributes after dropping them on the timeline?

2. I'd like to have image assets fade in and zoom up then rebound to their final location/dimensions (i.e. bounce onto screen). Is this possible with this software easily (for example applying a transition), or will it require a lot of attributes and keyframe setting?

3. Down the line I'd like to show clips of old games scaled up to fill the screen. I believe PowerDirector always applies a filter if you scale up low resolution clips to make them look soft. Is there a way to upscale clips whilst retaining visible pixels (like nearest neighbour upscaling in Photoshop)?
Go to: