Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Hi,
Need a bit more info for members to help.

Update from which version to which version?

Default Autosave folder location for PDR21, 20, 19 are:

C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\Cache\AutoSave
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\Cache\Autosave
C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\Cache\Autosave

The \AppData\ folder is a hidden folder, so you will have to set windows to display it in file explorer.

I'm not clear what you mean by "my save files are empty". Can you be more specific?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I checked the caches already. Autosave files all wiped too. Basically if I opened the file? There were no clips. No effects, no sounds, no subtitles. The file saves were empty. Like opening a new, untouched file.

I'm not sure what version of it I had, but I'd reinstalled it in the middle of last month from a fresh download from the CL site. It had shut down a couple of times very recently (which I saw other people complaining about) and decided to do an update. I just updated it to 21.0.2214.0.
I used the Cyberlink Application Manager to update Powerdirector365. Afterwards my save files are empty. I went to the autosave to try and reopen from there, and those were also blank.

I'm now missing 10+ hours worth of work with no idea how to recover in this situation.
Go to: