Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

As mentioned in the above posts, this is a very compute-intensive task and you're asking your computer to do more than it's capable of performing in real time. The solution is to use a better workflow

While the "Render Preview" tools was discussed, I personally prefer to produce the accelerated clips first (using the normal Produce tool, or selecting a section of the timeline and producing just that part) so that you get a smooth clip that can be previewed normally once you place it on the timeline.

Once that's done, go ahead and do the voiceover part

Some of the answers in this thread makes me wonder if some of the mods and senior users here think that most PD users complaining here are stupid and it is annoying!
An issue highlighted here and is still persistent for over half a decade should be, at least, forwarded to the support team for fix.
"Render Preview" is used to render a select portion of the timeline for quick export. Importing it back for an action that can be done once in the timeline is reinventing the wheel. Even the mobile app does 8x speed without issues. I am a YouTuber, I put my videos in timeline and in sequence before I start cutting and speeding up some parts. Currently, I had to speed up FOUR different parts of the video to keep it shorter and exciting. I use Adobe premiere, and DaVinci Resolve and many others in my system without any issues of speed up video.

I use a laptop (Core i7 11 Gen upto 5GHz boost speed and Nvidia RTX 3050Ti 4GB DDR6) NVMe M.2 SSD, 16G DDR4 3200MHZ Please tell me this computer can run 8x speeds preview on my timeline. Most video editors buy high performance PCs so please, give me an option to put the heavy duty on the PC. There has to be an option for acceleration of these sorts albeit from Hardware.

I came from Powerdirector mobile app and if the technical support continue in this line of denial that this is not a valid issue, then I'll have no other choice than to cancel my subscription and stay on PD mobile which still gives me a faster work flow and glorious 4k 60FPS export.

NB: I tested this same issue on our top end gaming PC and the speed up videos also froze.
It's 2022, me using Powerdirector 360 (20.7.310 and this problem is happening. I've reduced Previous quality and it didn't help. This is a nightmare For YouTubers like me who do vioce over for videos.
Funny enough, I've used Powerdirector mobile for 3 years before coming to PC and never had any issues speeding video up to 8x speeds (for lengthy clips up to 10 minutes) in my years of mobile PD editing. To encounter this is practically a bug - else, why will the 4x speed and above video clips play at higher for few seconds the way it should (in the mobile app) and then freeze?

How do I contact support for this? I can be doing produce range for the next 360 days. I choose Powerdirector because it is easier and faster in creating videos
Go to: