Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Not all solutions will work for all users, as not all systems (nor operators) are similar.

Power director does not contain files the way other media writing tools might. Instead, the program locates selected media from your sources and then applies treatments to the media.

So?

What this means is that the program is reaching out to multiple places on your hard drive and it requires a lot of system resources to accomplish the tasks. The larger the task, the more places on disk...

Please- follow me on this, I do have a point...

After ruining three disks, I changed my approach and performed SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. A simple disk CLEANUP and DEFRAG.

I am running XP Pro and my Sony Vaio is four years old (a technical dinosaur) , but I was able to cleanly burn another large DVD with no problem.

To ensure it wasn't a fluke, I ran various media types and sizes through to completion.

Here are a few things you can do before attempting to burn another disk:

1. Disable or remove unnecessary programs
2. Move all files off your DESKTOP. Shortcuts only take up 1-2Kb, whereas other file types take up so much more.
3. Run a disk Cleanup.
a. Check all boxes.
b. Run it once a week (if the system is connected to the internet, monthly if it is not.)
c. Run a disk DEFRAG. This will help the system to speed up a bit more.
4. Lastly, if you can increase the paging size on your system to approximately 5% of total.
• Right-click on “My Computer”, select “Properties”.
• Select the “Advanced” tab (on the “Performance” area-click “Settings”)
• Select the 2nd “Advanced” tab and click the “change” button on the “Virtual Memory”
EXTRA TIP- Setting the paging files initial size and maximum size to the same value increases efficiency because the operating system does not need to expand the file during processing.
CAUTION- Setting different values for initial and maximum size can contribute to disk fragmentation.

After these steps, constant maintenance of your system will go a long way to helping ALL of your programs run more efficiently.
Go to: