Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4707.page

check this out
Ok here is another update. These cameras make me nuts. It seems that corels videostudio pro x2 will not render the video if it was produced on the camera with a setting of normal quality and aspect ratio of 16:9. If you shoot at fine quality, 16:9 it works good. For normal quality, 16:9 aspect ratio, I was able to use Magix movie edit pro 14. It would identify it as 4:3 but it will render and burn with acceptable results. I play the videos on a Sony dvd player and on my computer I use VLC media player to play the videos. A note about Magix. When you get to the first burn screen do not add the pictures (ocean pictures etc) or music to the menu. It does not work and causes an error (files not found) when rendering. This occurs with the free download version. I have not tried it yet with the retail version. Both of these programs recognize the mod files.
This is a follow up, for anyone who is interested. I have achieved some success using these tools.
I uninstalled the trial version of cyberlink powerdirector 7 (as far as I can see it is a waste of time) and by using cyberlink ne (which came with the camera) to download files from the everio camera, and by using the trial version of corel videostudio pro x2 (which I have subsequently purchased) to edit and burn, and by using VLC media player to view my dvds (they also play fine on my sony standalone dvd player) I can now successfully make my videos. (I am making videos of 1 hour horse riding lessons.) I am using a pioneer burner (DVR-10 and Maxell 16x dvd-r media (the Memorex 16x dvd-r media that I purchased are absolute crap and caused me nothing but problems and I finally, happily, tossed them in the trash) and now all is well.
I hope this helps other Everio users. My camera is the gz-mg555 everio hdd camcorder.
Hi, If someone could help me I would appreciate it. Am new to everio stuff. I make a video, backup the files with powercinema ne for everio. (came with the camera) I can view the videos. I can burn the videos to dvd. I can view the videos in VLC media player if I change the .mod file extension to MPG. The problem is that I can not edit the video files. Downloaded the powerdirector 7 trial version and when I import the .mod video files or when I import a .mod video file that I have changed to a .mpg video file I get a black box and a warning screen which says "no richvideo information". Am I missing a driver or something? Thanks
Go to: