Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
If a program says it supports a specific type of format, it damn well better support that specific type of format. PowerDVD 8 Ultra and PowerDVD 9 Ultra both say they support Blu-ray discs. They had better patch BOTH programs if some new format hits the streets and renders either program unable to play that type of Blu-ray disc! No one should be forced to pay extra and upgrade to PowerDVD 9 Ultra from PowerDVD 8 Ultra to play a Blu-ray disc. CyberLink must patch BOTH programs if such a situation presents itself.

It's called customer service and support. It's called common sense. It's called good business sense. It's called doing what the product claims it does. Myriads of other companies release patches within days for every kind of glitch, bug, hardware upgrade, software conflict, resource conflict..you name it. There's NO reason why CyberLink can't do the same. Whatever Blu-ray disc I throw into my PC right this minute had better play using my copy of 8 Ultra. Now, for example, if Blu-ray II comes out, that's a different story. I'd obviously have to buy the product that supports Blu-ray II.

Telling people to relax and wait (a very short wait is understandable), or upgrade, or even implying they should upgrade to a newer version is ludicrous. If version 7 says it plays Blu-ray, then it had better also.
Post here as well as via Tech Support, judging from various threads I've read, it's a gamble either way. Let's just hope you won't find it necessary to use either one.
This might be a bit too late but anyway:

PowerDVD is a great product, but it's impossible to recommend because of lousy support or lack of as it seems in this case.

I have Ultra 8 and had to manually download the patch (the automatic update downloaded a file that didn't work as it claimed I didn't have a retail version 8 installed!)

A quick check on the update page shows a few version 7 updates so I'm not sure exactly which one you'd need, but I was thinking maybe the upgrade only works if you've got the latest patch? It's a long shot and it shouldn't matter really, but I noticed you have 7.0.1725 and there are a couple .3xxx patches on the update page, might be worth shot: install latest patch for your version 7 then try installing the upgrade.

Guess I screwed myself out of 80 bucks. Thanks Cyberlink, enjoy the cash. I'll just use windows media player or Creative's media center.
I just upgraded from v.6 to v.8 Ultra and my Creative Labs RM-1800 remote which worked flawlessly with v.6 does not work with v.8 Ultra except for two buttons...'previous' and 'next' which used to jump to previous or next chapters on a disc, they now only fast forward for 5 seconds when pressed once, or keep RW/FF while pressed until released.

Any way to get this remote to work, or did I just 'downgrade' by 'upgrading'?

WinXP pro SP3, Creative Labs x-fi xtrememusic with I/O box/remote and latest Creative drivers. (remote worked fine with previous PowerDVD version and currently works with other programs, so it's not like the remote is defective).

Go to: