Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I was able to download it (after being pestered to do so) only to be told that it couldn't install because I don't have a blue-ray player (True, but if that's the case, it shouldn't have pestered me at all)

The patch was;

CyberLink.2320(TaRe45)(a)_DVD091223-02.exe

There are a couple of "Wish list" items I have

1) The file->Open window needs updating

When you choose to open a file from the disk, the file->Open dialog should be expandable. You should be able to enlarge the window by dragging the lower right hand corner. Also, it should remember the previous geometry of the window so that subsequent uses of that window retains the geometry you last selected.

2) You should be able to change the opening picture.

You use to be able to do this on older versions. I really don't want the smiling toothsome picture of that pretty girl when opening this program. You use to be able to select a JPG picture in older versions of this program, but that seems to have been taken away. There's an option to select a "Skin", but it doesn't let you browse to an existing picture.

3) I'm getting pestered to upgrade when I open PowerDVD. When I download it (101 megs worth of it) it says it can't upgrade because it applies to Blue-Ray. I don't have Blue-Ray, so I really shouldn't have been pestered for an upgrade in the first place.

The patch was;

CyberLink.2320(TaRe45)(a)_DVD091223-02.exe

My current version is as follows;

Player information:
Player region code: 1
Current drive: E:
Title region code: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, All

Audio attributes: Not available

Hardware Information:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5850 @ running at 2159 MHz
3DNow! technology: Not Detected
Enhanced 3DNow! technology: Not Detected
3DNow! professional technology: Not Detected
IA MMX technology: In Use
IA sStreaming SIMD extensions: In Use
IA SSE 2: In Use
Video accelerator: DirectX VA (not in use)
Multispeaker audio device: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek (not in use)
S/PDIF output device: Realtek Digital Output (Realtek (not in use)

Hardware support:
DXVA1 Mpeg2 Support Profile: BSPX) IDCTX) MCO) (via VMR)

DXVA1 H.264 Support Profile: BSP: (X) BSP_Intel: (X) MC: (X) MC_ATI: (X) MC_NV: (X)
DXVA1 VC-1 Support Profile: BSP: (X) BSP_Intel: (X) IDCT: (X) MC: (X)
DXVA2 Mpeg2 Support Profile: BSP: (O) IDCT: (O) MC: (O)
DXVA2 H.264 Support Profile: BSP: (X) BSP_Intel: (X) MC: (X) MC_ATI: (X)
DXVA2 VC-1 Support Profile: BSP: (X) BSP_Intel: (X) IDCT: (X) MC: (O)

Am I missing something or is it just not there?

I have video and movies on my hard drive. How can I tell the "Movie Collection" part where they are. I'd like to use the My Collections piece as a way to sort and categorize my movies, then launch the movie from there.

If this product doesn't do that, can anyone reccomend something that does?
Go to: