Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Weird - now that the DVD has finished burning it says it is 3.6GB or 3.8GB... I just hope it now plays on my bosses DVD player!
I seem to have managed to make it work by clicking on the preferences button (which has a picture of tools on it) at the top of the screen & then de-selecting 'enable image thumbnails' (which I hope just means that the menu page won't show thumbnails of the different clips for you to select). But it seems crazy that the overall file is now under 1.3GB when the DVD can hold 4.7GB. I feel I must be doing something wrong.
No, that's my point. My DVD can hold 4.7GB and it's only at about 2.4GB. Previously, the overall file had been too big & so I'd got an error message telling me that the available disc space was 4.7 & my file was over that. But I've reduced the amount of footage and this message is different & refers specifically to 'the menu'.
Hi Mitchell,

GAH! Oh my god, this is driving me mad! I got through every process, split my clip into chapters etc, was just about to burn it and then it said "the size of the menu exceeds the permissable limit of 1GB". What does this mean?? Does it mean there are too many different chapters?? The overall size of the file is way under the limit of the DVD I'm burning onto. What do I do?

Thanks.
Thanks. I am now trying the scene detection option to set chapters.
Hi,

I'm new to PowerDirector & PowerProducer.

I am trying to burn a large number of camcorder clips onto DVD to be played in a normal DVD player. As there are so many of them I want to do lots in one go so I don't have to go through the whole PowerDirector / Producer process a million times. Does anyone know the best way to do this?

I dropped 2 hours worth of them into the timeline & then continued into PowerProducer. But when I viewed the clips in the preview screen it looked like they had all become one massive clip so that I wouldn't be able to skip between them when playing it back. Does anyone know how to avoid this happening?

Thanks,
Lindesay
Go to: