Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The only answer I got was that the PD7 team received my report and are aware of the issue. I decided I would stick with PD7 and just hope that the AVCHD rendering gets fixed in the future. Hopefully this decision pays off.

In the meantime I will output to BD format or HD MPEG as suggested to me earlier.
The rendering times I listed were using an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 2.66GHz in which all cores run at max when rendering.

Times can be VERY quick when SRVT is working on unedited portions of a clip. However, SRVT doesn't work well with AVCHD currently, which is the major problem discussed in this thread.
Any info on the problems?

What are the odds that Cyberlink will patch PD7 to increase compatibility and function of editing AVCHD for the problems in this thread?

Like I mentioned, I like the program, but the output is most important. I am still within my 30 day period to request a refund, and I'm on the fence about it.
Dafydd, any thoughts on the uploaded project?
Thanks for the suggestion pjc.

I'm just not sure that PD7 can justify its cost to me without the inclusion of proper AVCHD editing and rendering. I'd be more apt to use the bundled software that came with the HF100.

Although I love PD7's interface, editing abilities, and speed, the quality of the final footage is more important to me than being able to edit and produce a fancier project.

I really hope they can fix the AVCHD editing issues.
Ok I was able to upload everything under the folder "brandon project" on the ftp site. I believe I included all of the info and files you'll need.

With this particular project, it seems the program is rendering whenever any edit is made, including a simple trim operation. This is evidenced in the increased render time compared with producing a totally unedited clip (render times are included in the report document I uploaded). The odd thing is that SRVT shows no rendering is needed, with the obvious exception of when the "testing" title is added.

The problem is that SRVT is failing and unnecessary rendering is occurring. On top of that, the rendered video shows a lot of artifacts, making the output quite inferior to the input. The artifacts are most noticeable in the leaves and the shaded portion of grass when looking out the window.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. Thanks again.
I am using the latest patch. I've been trying to ftp the project but each time it stops after about 30 minutes of uploading. The folder is just over 200MB. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it to you or not.
I have been trying to get my output from a Canon HF100 to match the original input using the SRVT guidelines. It seems when a clip is being produced, it is only using SRVT if absolutely no edits are made. The final output in an untouched clip looks like the original .mts file. However, as soon as any edit is introduced, SRVT seems to fail and the output from that point on is bad, with motion artifacts galore and a very slow production time.

I first passed a 48 second .mts clip through unedited and the rendering took about 10 seconds using SRVT. Output matched the original.

I then tried the same clip with a 5 second title added to the beginning. The rendering took about 1 minute 30 seconds. The output was quite bad, with a lot of artifacts.

I then tried a single trim on the original .mts file. Again, rendering was slowed from this simple trim, and output was full of artifacts.

Finally, I put the original .mts clip on the timeline twice in a row, with a simple fade transition between the two clips. Rendering was speedy up to the transition point, then it slowed for the remainder of the production. Accordingly, the output was fine up to the transition, but after the clip was degraded with artifacts.

I'm wondering if Power Director V 7 can correctly output AVCHD from my Canon HF100. I'd seen the above problems using the trial version, but I thought purchasing and using the latest update might solve the issues. Apparently not in my case.

I've read another post regarding the HF100 and interlacing issues. I'm not sure if my situation is the same. I love this program, but the bad output cripples everything.

Any help is appreciated.
Go to: