Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When I was loading PowerDirector 20, I watched it attempt to uninstall SR 4.0, and replace it with SR SE (?). I stopped it and have heard nothing else about SR SE?

With the moniker like SE, it implies to be a stripped-down version of SR.

What IS SE and should I have let it remove my SR version 4?

Thanks,

Steve
Well folks. I was wrong and deserve any drubbing I get. I viewed Optodata's link on my phone. I never thought to slide sideways on the page. The last post of a bitmap of the actual page showed me the errors of my rather brusque attitude. Mea culpas all around.

I now own version 20.

Thanks

TheFNGee
Quote Nobody's forcing anybody to buy the subscription version. PD17 is too old to qualify for update pricing, so you'll need to pay the New User price unless you wait for a sale.

Interesting. Your link took me straight to the "365" version. That looks suspiciously like a subscription to me. So PD 17 is IT - the last standalone. The last version I pay for ONCE? Anyone? Anyone?

TheFNGee
I will not be forced into a subscription model based on the nightmare stories about Adobe, Sony, or Corel.

What is the last standalone version of PowerDirector that can be purchased?

I currently run PowerDirector 17 Ultimate, and have been using PD since version 13. I've been using PowerDVD since version 5.

Thanks,

TheFNGee
Steve
Go to: