Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bif, I have pretty much the same set up you do. Your video card may be slightly newer than mine. I did discover how to lock the audio but it seems I would have to split it from the video to do that. I started my movie over and I extracted the audio from the video. It was hunt and peck through the footage and the audio and then match up the individual clips. It was tedious but I got 24 minutes of movie done that way. And it seems to be holding. Oh, and I had to mute the video track to make it work. And I do a save about every 30 seconds.

I used Roxio for a little over a year, and I kept having to re-install it after every 2-3 times I used it. With PowerDirector I'm getting a message every so often that Power Director has encountered a problem and needs to shut down, so that's why I save often. But it's way less frustrating than having to re-install the whole program so often.

To the others: I like the idea of saving 10 minute segments and I like the idea of saving 1-24. I will try those on my next project.

Thanks for all the good suggestions.
I did download the patch and I've managed to create another 18 minutes of movie, but the out of sync demon prevailed again. I wish I knew what causes this so I can try a different approach.

I'm still learning about Power Director and I'm not sure how to lock the audio. And I inserted a colorboard in the past, but I'm drawing a blank when I try to remember how I did it.

Can you give me some direction on how to lock the audio? I considered extracting the audio and making it fit the video, but if I do that for the entire movie, it will be too time consuming.

I have a personal deadline of the end of January for finishing this movie. I have had to re-create it at least 6 or 7 times.
I've been working on a movie for almost 2 years. I recently got a brand new Core 2 Quad processor, 1000 gig hard drive, 4 gig ram thinking it would solve all my video editing problems. It was doing fine for awhile. I had 26 minutes of finished movie. Then all of a sudden, about 3-4 minutes into the movie, the video and audio are out of sync. I mean they are waaaaayy off. It would be nice if I didn't have to re-do the entire movie to get the sync issue resolved. Does anyone know what causes this sync problem and how to avoid it in the future? ...and is there any way to fix it without having to re-do the entire movie?
Go to: