Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
You will have to let me know if it worked for you or not. I am hoping that it does to end your headaches!!
I have a Dell also and have had an issue with burning errors since day one. No matter what DVD I was burning and with what program I was using I would get almost to the end and to the Final stage and get an error. My fix was Nero 9. Once I installed it I never had another issue with burning anything with any program unless it was an issue within the program itself. I know that Dell comes with Roxio to burn DVD's and CD's and I found that it just did not like to burn CD's or any DVD's. Perhaps you should try this route?

I purchased the entire Nero 9 package; however, there is a free Burning Rom from Nero that may work alone. You can get this at http://nero.9-ultra.com/
I am not sure if the burning Rom alone would help but it is worth a shot.

Hope this helps to solve your issue and good luck.
I have had this same problem and after much brainstorming I was able to find the solution myself. This may or may not work for all of you but perhaps it is worth a try. Once I finished my creation I watched the preview on the create page (as a movie not clip option). I watched each clip as it played and found that there was one that just did not want to play. It would hang at the beginning of the clip and then when I changed the option to "Clip" from "Movie" to just play it alone it would not play at all. I then removed that clip and tried once again to "Create Disk" and WALLA it worked just fine. Apparently there was just something about that one clip it did not like. This happened to me again later during another project and I did the exact same method and it solved my problem again. When you click "Create Disk" look at the %. The first project it would only get to 5% before I got the:

"Initializing error! Components initialization failed. There might have been problems during installation. Please install again."

and the clip that was causing the problems was in the beginning few clips. The second time I got the error it would get to 40% and the clip that was causing the issues was around the middle of my project.

I hope this might help a few...
Go to: