Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Ok I have recently reinstalled Power DVD 10, but everytime I put in a BluRay disc and try to play it, I always get a message stating that "Playback stoppped becasue your graphic card is incompatible." And I know it is not incompatible at all! It is an on board INTEL HD Graphic driver and when i first built this, I could watch Blu Ray on this computer but ever since I reinstalled Windows 7 Ulitmate 64 bit. So I know my on board card is compatible on playing BLu-ray but how do I fix this problem?
Quote: Yea. It doesn't seem like a priority to fix it. It's really a shame.

True and as I have been told from the tech guy they are never going to add in HD DVD support in version 8 or another versions. Sad how they made up everyone's minds and never thought once about how many people still own HD DVD's and how how Netflix still carries them.
Quote: Using either PowerDVD7 7.3.4407 (retail) or PowerDVD8 8.0.2021 (retail) I have issues with this BluRay disc.

Playing the main movie is fine. The problem is trying to watch the Danger Zone: The Making of Top Gun extra. Other extras may also be impacted but I haven't looked yet.

Imagine the screen being 4 quadrants like shown below:

When watching the Danger Zone: The Making of Top Gun I'm seeing only Quadrant 1. It appears I'm seeing only 1/4 of what I should which means I'm seeing part of a head, etc, as someone is giving an interview. It's unwatchable. This issue has been independently confirmed by someone else.

This is a bonus feature on the disc that is 2:27:43 in length that cannot be watched using PowerDVD. I had to resort to purchasing and using another software player which I am very unhappy about having to do. I hope this issue is resolved.

The recent missteps by CyberLink with the 2021 update have me extremely concerned. Right when I had been so happy to see a step in the right direction with the 4407 update for PowerDVD7 the PowerDVD8 update was fumbled. I also feel a bit troubled that the 4407 update makes me wonder why I ever purchased PowerDVD8. I feel like I wasted money in updating now that PowerDVD7 has finally been so vastly improved and, of course, offers HD-DVD support which PowerDVD8 doesn't and cannot.

CyberLink hands down has the best player on the market but your software is not perfect by any means. You guys need to step up your game because other companies are right on your heels. Please please put more commitment and energy behind your products so that customers like myself feel that we made the right decision with our purchases.

Well I am glad to see that I am not the only one that had the problem with Powerdvd 8 Ultra! Infact I thought it was Paramounts problem on how they put the extras on the Blu-ray disc. I was also dissapointed on the extras and how I couldn't watch any of it! Made me really really mad and since Powerdvd is my only Blu-ray player i had no choice but not to watch the extras . People at Cyberlink can you and well you please fix this major problem and also bring back HD DVD play so that the Ultra version well support it and play HD DVD's! Hello Netflix still does offer HD DVDS for the time being and until that ends then you guys should have thought about that.
Go to: