Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
This was the strangest support system I've seen yet. After threat of refund I receive a link to the "retail version" of PDVD 7. I download it and installed it... Suddenly everything is working fine.

I thought the download version I got in the first place was the "retail version." I feel like I was secretly/overtly used to do beta testing on some new version and when I started screaming and yelling they just shut me up with a version they know works...

Very weird.

Either way, I'm happy now...though I have my eye out to see if it fails past some warranty period I don't know about. However, I no longer trust cyberlinks support. Though, as long as the program performs like it is now, I will be happy.
I did buy it and tech support won't / can't help so I am pissed and I've asked for a refund if there is no resolution in sight. They immediatly canceled my license key and I have still not seen the credit on my credit card. SO BUYER BEWARE! This could get ugly.
After 3 installs and several reboots I
still get this error: Windows cannot
access the specified device, path,or
file. You may not have appropriate
permissions to access the item.
Path: C:\Program
Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\OLRSubmission\OLRStateCheck.exe
after clicking on "OK" the program
then opens and runs normally.

I just bought PDVD7 and have been having probles with it since. Supprt
says:

(a) Start --> Programs --> Cyberlink PowerDVD (uninstall it). Check the registry for any exsistings PowerDVD keys and delete them using steps (b) and (c).

(b) Start --> Run (keyin ""regedit"") --> HKEY_Current_User --> Software --> Cyberlink --> PowerDVD and/or PDVD (delete the folder)

(c) Start --> Run (keyin ""regedit"") --> HKEY_Local_Machine --> Software --> Cyberlink --> PowerDVD and/or PDVD (delete the folder).

(d) Search and delete folder named Cyberlink and PowerDVD, if exists. Restart your system.

(2) Update VGA and Sound card driver.Contact your computer manufacturer to get the updates.

Reset your display settings, screen area to 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024, color depth to 16 bit and monitor refresh rate to 60 HZ.

(3) Upgrade DirectX to 9.0c from the link below :

My god, what happened to the great program I once knew? If it's my sound card and video card drivers, why does it work fine after clearing the error?

Any suggestions?
Go to: