Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote S-video is black and white?
What is the exact VCR?
Did you try a different cable?

Hi, the VCR is an LG LV900I. It has SCART connections only.
The video grabber has some sort of SCART connector/converter which the S-video lead can plug into, plus an audio/video cable (red, white,ywllow).
The PC runs the latest (!) Win XP and the CPU speed, memory and disk comfortably exceed the minimum required.

Unfortunately I haven't got another (4-pin) S-video cable. Not sure if I can test the one I have somehow (multimeter?).
Quote Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Scratch that. It looks like some driver/OS compatibility thing.

So it works on an old, old system running Windows XP (Capture from a TV signal appears) , BUT while the colour is available (composite only, S-Video gives only black & white), and the souund is OK while playing, when capturing/recording, the sound goes all wobbly (sounds fast/slow/distorted). It'sOKwhile not capturing though.

Any ideas about what's up there? Everything is "default".
Years ago (2011?) I bought a "video grabber" from Lidl, to get some old family video shot with a great big video camera onto digital media. It came with a PowerDirector 9 CD. I've just tried using it, for the first time.

I have a portable computer which for "reasons" runs 32-bit Win 10 pro on an x64 processor. I installed PowerDirector 9, and entered the key from the CD sleeve.

The documentation, AIUI, says that when the "video grabber" is plugged in to an USB socket, the PowerDirector software should start and transfer onto digital media be available.

So. The product was installed as above. I can't see the "dxvgrb" service running, but when the video grabber is plugged in, Windoze recognises it and says the device is OK. If I try to manually start the service, the O/S tells me it's allready running. If I try to stop it, I'm told trhat operation is not applicable.

So, there's no VCR protection that I know of. The software does not start when the device is plugged in. The only capture options are capture from AVCHD or microphone, all else is greyed out. When pressing (from) "AVCHD", an error message reads "unable
to load content from the specified folder/disc. Cyberlink Powerdirector does not support any content in the folder/disc."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Go to: