Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've just updated my PowerDirector and since that I get the following error for all kinds of videos, including the ones produced by me in PD and downloaded from stock.

Media Source Error: A media file in your project may not fully comply with the file format standard, or your system may lack the required decoding components for this file. Please try again using another media file format.

Terrible timing as I need to fix it ASAP.
Any suggestions?
Quote Maybe you could use the Attachments button below the forum's text box to share a sample clip that doesn't seem to be working. If it's over 100MB in size, you'll need to use a cloud service like OneDrive or Google Drive. See this FAQ for more details.

Also, it would help to know some specifics about your situation. What's the exact version of PD you're using? Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide so we can see how your system is configured.

I work with Canon MTS 60p clips all the time and haven't seen issues like this. See if you can hear sound in the attached MTS sample.

It's 365 version, so the latest as of March 31. There is no point in downloading the clips, it's not an issue with the content and not even with the codec.

PD worked with these exact files just a day ago (on March 30th), and still works with the prveviously shot videos exactly in the same format, but not with the ones I was able to work with just on March 30th (March 31st - specifically these files are muted).
I had the same problem.. well... I stil have

I started editing a video with 60 fps MTS clips and it worked well. Overnight my computer updated itself (I guess) and there is no audio in playback and in the rendered video.

Moreover, PD opens all kinds of files including MTS clips recorded couple of weeks ago, but not the ones I used for this video.
Annoying as hell and I don't know how to fix it.

It might be my cue to try Premiere
Go to: