Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Similiar issue when I try to run BD Advisor - it just closes as well with window error report. It is infuriating when I allow the error report to be sent and it just closes with no further information is returned. Even the temp files submitted by the error report are cleaned up.

Against my better judgement and out of pure frustration I downloaded installed PDVD 9 Ultra and the problem majically went away - all DVDs play normally though there are some sound issues (I had to disable my on board digital audio to allow PDVD properly access my cheap Thrust PCI Digital audio card and even then neither PDVD or Windows has control of the volume I have to fall back to the hardware volume control on my Audio Amp).

Call me a conspiracy theorist but is it possible that Cyberlink's 5105 patch is not a "fix" but a "break" designed to frustrate and force upgrade to newer versions (by spending more hard earned cash)

My two rental Blu Rays have cost me a fortune ! (by the way I recommend "Traitor" it is an excellent movie).

This is not the first issue I have had with Blu Ray. My view is that most issues are caused by DRM in the PC environment - not only are they trying to tie users down they are also tying themselves and the technology up in knots. I am begining to think that Blu Ray simply isn't worth the hassle and that Upscaling DVDs is the way to go. Sorry for the rant !
I regret that I cannot help because I am having a similar issue after installing the 5105 patch. only it is showing DVD_X.IMP. This is a royal pain in the butt !

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD.exe
Application Version: 7.3.5113.0
Application Timestamp: 49b934bb
Fault Module Name: DVD_X.IMP
Fault Module Version: 7.3.5113.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 49b9337b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0002fdff
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: de20