Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Situation: Play a Blu-ray .iso file on my laptop, through HDMI to big-screen TV. I'm in PC mode.

The PowerDVD screen and menu display on the TV as well as the laptop. If I play a DVD .iso file, all works normally.

If I select a Blu-ray .iso file, the "The ISO image...is loading" and "Loading Blu-ray Disc" info windows are displayed on both the laptop and the TV. But as soon as the content itself starts, the PowerDVD control bar (bottom) and toolbar (top) are all that appears on the TV. The client window is solid color, randomly dark green (shown in attached photo), dark red, or dark blue. The audio is played through the TV. The video image is displayed properly on the laptop screen. The "more functions" menu control can be displayed, but none of the buttons have any effect.

I have allowed the laptop to update all relevant drivers. (They all said they had the current driver.)

My TV has three HDMI inputs. I routed the laptop to each one to eliminate a possible TV problem. No change.

I substituted a different HDMI cable. No change.

I do not know which version of PowerDVD 18 I have, since if there is an "About" button, I cannot find it. The most recent patch I have appllied is PowerDVD_18.0.3010.62_Patch_DVD190513-02.exe; hopefully that reveals the version.

The kicker: This has only happened in the last few months. Prior to that, Blu-ray images played just fine.

In addition to the photo, I have attached the requested dxdiag.txt file.
Go to: