Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi sjeter,

I've tested it on my side, but can't reproduce it. Is it happening every time you launch PowerDVD? Is the Auto sign in function activated on your side?

Greetings

Hicham

Hicham,

It happens every time. The Auto sign in function has never been activated - I'm not interested in MoovieLive.
Quote Hi sjeter,

Can you send us a screenshot?

Greetings

Hicham

Hicham,

Here is the screenshot I created with the snipping tool.

I have the latest (2011) patch applied.
Whenever I open PowerDVD 16, I get a popup in the lower right-hand side saying "Members Only Benefits". I didn't click on it to begin with because I'm already a member. So, just out of curiosity, I clicked on it and registered again. Still getting the popup.
"PowerDVD 15 remains an "...open with" right mouse click option for media files, even though in the upgrade."

I ran into this between 14 and 15. I ended up just uninstalling 14. So for 16, I uninstalled 15 to begin with, and the install for 16 just asked me for the code for 15.
Disregard this comment.
Cancel question.
Hmmmmm - I was looking at the hidden icons in the systray, and noticed one called "Realtek HD Audio Manager. So I ran msconfig and unchecked it in the Startup tab, and rebooted. I set the sound card option to S/PDIF and tried out the various configurations: it worked on PCM, DTS Interactive, and Dolby Digital Live, but not "S/PDIF In Loopback" (which is probably for a different device like a receiver).
I realized later that I would do the same things I'm trying now - disabling the onboard sound. I'll give it a whirl and let you know.
Michael, that was last April - I can try it again - is there anything I need to know?
The only devices listed in Control Panel -> Sound are the Speakers and the S/PDIF Pass-Through Device.
In Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Sound ... controllers, the Realtek device is disabled.

Unfortunately, that didn't help.

When I uninstalled PowerDVD and reinstalled it, I didn't stop the antivirus on the install(s). Do I need to try that next?
Thanks for your reply, Michael.

The first time I ran DXDIAG I noticed that I had a Realtek device listed under "Sounds" in Control panel - even though it's not plugged in. I deactivated it. However, today I looked in Device Manager and it was listed as active. I disabled it and will reboot and try PowerDVD again.
PowerDVD full Version
PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2429.51
PowerDVD Trial Version?
No
PowerDVD SR Number
DVD101223-01
PowerDVD TR Number
101229-023
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
Motherboard: MSI P45-C51 (MS-7519); Chipset P45/P43/G45/G43
CPU Clock Speed: 2.66 GHz
RAM: 4096Mb DDR3
Do you use administrator or restricted user account?
Administrator
Is your PowerDVD a Retail product or bundles with HW?
Retail
Used VGA
eVGA GeForce 9500 GT
Used VGA driver version
Nvidia 266.58
Used Audio device
Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G
Oxygen HD Audio Configuration for S/PDIF:
PCM
Dolby Digital Live
DTS Interactive
S/PDIF in Loopback
Used Audio device driver version
Version 1.00, November 16, 2010
Speakers: Altec Lansing ADA890
(connector from subwoofer converts digital optical to S/PDIF)
“Dolby Digital” selected in speaker controller
The Audio setting in PowerDVD and in OS (default devices)
S/PDIF; Default device – speakers
(other device is S/PDIF Pass-Through Device)
Used ODD drive (full model name and Firmware Version)
Two of them, both: ATAPI iHAS124 Y ATA Device
Driver: Microsoft 6.1.7600 16385
(No idea what the firmware version is)
Used Display(s)
Samsung SyncMaster 971p
Which kind of display connection (HDMI/DisplayPort/VGA/DVI)
DVI
Are you using single or dual monitor environment
Single
Are you using clone or extended mode (if use two display)
No
(3D only) Please provide detail info about 3D setting in PowerDVD
Not using it
What kind of Antivirus SW are you using
Kaspersky Antivirus 2011

The soundcard I used to have was the Auzentech X-Plosion Cinema, and S/PDIF worked fine with it; unfortunately, when Windows 7 was installed, the driver crashed.
I have uninstalled PowerDVD 10; installed PowerDVD 9 Ultra; installed the upgrade to PowerDVD 10 Ultra, and installed the patch to Mark II.
Here is the problem with the Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G: It doesn’t matter which S/PDIF option I select in the Oxygen HD Audio Configuration (PCM, Dolby Digital Live, DTS Interactive, or S/PDIF in Loopback), none of them work when I select S/PDIF in PowerDVD. It doesn't work when I make "S/PDIF Pass-Through Device" the default.
I have a similar problem - by DX do you mean D10? I have a custom built PC with Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G. I was going to try to uninstall and reinstall, but it tells me I don't have v8 or above.

I submitted a support ticket on 1/17/2011, and have been waiting four days for a reply.
Go to: