Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am having the exact same problem, and have sent in a technical assistance report. This is highly frustrating, I've done everything from fully uninstalling the previous version, which causes the update program to fail because it cannot find a valid version to upgrade from, to re-installing PowerDVD 7, and each time, the installer asks me to uninstall the previous version. If I choose no, the installer exits without installing the new version, if I choose yes, it uninstalls PowerDVD 7, and again exits without installing, and returns the error that there is no version to upgrade from when trying to re-run the installation program.

Why isn't a fix posted, that explains in detail what one must do, it seems as though this is a very common problem (which should be fixed by CyberLink as soon as possible, it is very frustrating to spend 80+ dollars on a product and not be able to even install it), so shouldn't there be an FAQ item detailing the fix?

I'd appreciate anyone who could send me the detailed and proven fix to get my program installed and running.
Go to: