Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Yes, now it works!

I changed the file output of handbrake from m4v to mp4, now the files are found.

What I find annoying is the automatical cropping by handbrake, but I found out myself how to turn it off.

Thank You so much!
Gerrit
Thanks again and sorry for the delay.

These actually are the files I am working with; the others are slightly bigger then the one You viewed. They are crappy files downloaded from Youtube. I don't need them in a better quality.

Converting them with handbrake into m4a files indeed helps, but I have problems exchanging the files directly.

If I remove the original files, so that when I start PD I am asked about the files it is unable to find, so that (in theory) I can select any other file to replace the original files, it won't show me the m4a files, but all the other files. (Is there any other, more obvious way to replace files already worked into edited scenes, by the way?)
This is why, for other scenes, I redid the whole editing, but there is one scene which took me weeks, and wouldn't take less if I were to do it all again.

Best,
Gerrit
Thank You so much for answering me!

The filmic excerpts or quotes are .avi format, while the other files from my camera are all .MOD

This propably is the reason, but a bit astonishing: I had thought that avi is much more standard than MOD, but only these avi files cause problems all the time (these problems appeared at some point, the files had worked moothly in the same project for months!)

They are here, I just made them with some online Youtube converter:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Any8k-IrRvbkwRIIiTY5MjMV9i4R?e=EPMh1t

So far, the converted file works, but I did not manage to replace it as a source file for the project (I can drag and drop mp4s, but not select them using the "import media" function), so it seems I have to redo that part completely.

Quote If you're referring to the 5 second freeze at 22:05 and producing the project on a different computer didn't solve the problem, then my guess is that PD isn't able to properly work with whatever format that particular clip is encoded with.

You could upload it to a cloud folder like Google Drive or OneDrive and share it here for other people to check, or you could simply convert it to another format with a free app like Handbrake and see if it works better on PD's timeline.
Hello,

Minute 22:00 of this work-in-progress film shows a recurring bug which is as curious as annoying:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlwS-iYAqb4&list=PLojnLIMl5imPhu_XN5B_pN-0wO0J2J3qs&index=2

Each time I insert pieces of Hindi film within the material filmed by myself, the first one to 10 seconds of the video (not the audio) are frozen. This phenomenon randomly disappears and reappears when I move the pieces around or remove cross-fades. As You can see in the video, it is not only a problem of the preview. It also was not solved by reinstalling PD 18 on a newer and better computer.

Is there anything I can do about it?
Go to: