Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anybody know anything on this issue?
Now i think its in the correct forum.

I have posted the same post here after seeing your comment yesterday before you move this thread here. So you can delete this thread. A thread with same name is there in this section.

Click here to the original thread

Graphics card: nvidia geforce 7300 GS
Driver version : 175.19 (Shown as 6.14.11.7519 in driver properties) Latest, downloaded few days back.

I have tested by turning on and off hardware acceleration, both gives same result. I also tested with deinterlacing turn off and on without desired result.

Tried reinstall many times this trial version of PowerDVD8 without any good.

I have an old powerDVD 5 OEM version, I tested by installing it. It does not show this problem. Video is correct as other players. I also downloaded trial version of WinDVD, That also does not have this issue.

Thanks
Anybody plz. Plz click the thumbnail to get full pic. I am using Windows XP prof with SP2 and DirectX 9 2008 june version.

Another observation.

I cant take screenshots when I play DVD with VLC player. But there is no black color problem. the background black color is even in my entire screen.

I can take screenshots with PowerDVD. But background black color is shady whitish in the playing area, the rest is clean black (plz see pic)

Thanks
I have an an annoying issue when playing movies with PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra trial version.

When i see cinemascope movies and movies which does not consume the full screen size, i can notice a whitish (not true black) background in PowerDVD. The other Media players does not have this issue in same machine,

Plz see photo (this illustrates the problem correctly)

Plz let me know the issue.

Other players like VLC player does not have this issue. The black color is even on the full background in VLC. PowerDVD have whitish black for certain part (See Pic)

Thanks
I have an an annoying issue when playing movies with PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra trial version.

When i see cinemascope movies and movies which does not consume the full screen size, i can notice a whitish (not true black) background in PowerDVD. The other Media players does not have this issue in same machine,

Plz see photo (this illustrates the problem correctly)

Plz let me know the issue.

Other players like VLC player does not have this issue. The black color is even on the full background in VLC. PowerDVD have whitish black for certain part (See Pic)

Thanks
Go to: