Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

It's not helpful because you are asking in the wrong place. You should be asking Dell (or Dell users on their forum) what the differences are. OEM software is customized (what features are available) for each manufactureur (Dell), so there is little chance us users who mainly use the full versions we paid for would know exactly what is in each of your free OEM customized versions.

Dave

Excuse me, the software is made by cyberlink, not Dell, and Cyberlink should be able to tell me about Media Suite 12, which is under their copyright, even if it's an OEM version. I don't need advice on risk management. This thread is supposedly for old versions. Frankly I doubt if the OEM version is different except for being "not for resale."
Quote No one can tell you what to install or uninstall. Your first post asks about the uninstal of bundled software on your Dell. If you do so can you reinstall it later if you want or do you have to reset/restore the pc to the original configuration of the day you purchased it… It may be necessary.

You are hesitant to install software bundled on Dell merchandise. Don’t want you to make mistakes. If you are ambitious then do so. If you are scared to death then don’t. No one wants to make your decisions. Maybe you should have bought a brand that you may trust a little more. I probably trust Dell and their merchandise.

You may want to contact Dell and voice your concerns and/or questions about the oem stuff.

This is not at all helpful. I want info on the differences between the cyberlink products and versions so I can decide which to install. and whether I can update to newer versions.
More: The disk says Media Suite 12 and has PowerToGo 8.0, Power Director 15, and PowerDVD 14. Should I install?
I have a Dell Win10 laptop and just bought a Dell external drive that came with Cyberlink software which I am now installing. It wants to uninstall Power Media Player 14 and install PowerDVD 14 OEM. Should I do it? What's the difference? Which is most recent? Am I eligible for any updates to newer versions?
Go to: