Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Arturo
I have two separate .pdl project ( all edited and with transitions in place) sitting in my libray and now I want to combine them int one new edited project on my time line. How to do that???
PD Customer Help - appears not to understand my questions

Peter Huber

PS by the way how do I get in touch with David
Hi Arturo, once again
Just thought I would let you know, what has happened since my last message to you - not so long ago - had a brain wave as they say
Just as well I still have Pinnacle 12 on my Quadcore - so I placed the Ulead Cool 3d production nade Intro Video on the time line and bruned that short video, to a file, so now I can use it on PD - problem solved.
Still have issues with Smart sound though - may be you can help on this one - otherwise I will contact Smart sound direct.

One other issue I noticed on both programs Pinnacle (initially untill I rendered movie using Dolby digital 5.1 - then it was fine) and now on PD that the speech on the final DVD productions is not as clear as when played though the PC, more-so the speech coming from the person filming, who is closest to the inbuilt mike on the cancorder - by the way my Cam is a Sony AVCHD 100 gig inbuilt HD and spits out proprietary m2ts files.

The speech problem I am refering to is akin to when some one screams into a mike and it becomes distorted - I was wondering if that has something to do with Dolby 5.1 not being available on PD or a poor audio codec
cheers
Peter Huber
Hi Arturo
Yes may message was suposed to be addressed to you, sorry about that, first timer you know.
I did think that "Play first Video" was the correct procedure, so I gave it ago, but PD syas that it " This Mdeia Type is not supprted" despite the fact that it is an .avi and has been used in Pinnacle. So I promptly sent of an email to the gurus at PD - here is a copy of that:-

I wish to place a video which is an Avi file created in Ulead Cool 3d in
the Create Disc section as First Play Video - however when trying to open
this video clip it comes up with "This Media Type is not supported" it worked fine In Pinnacle 12 when I placed it on the video track - why not in PD V7 these are the specs:-
Microsoft AVI files
32 Bits, 720 x 576, 1:1, 25 fps
Frame-based
Uncompressed
Check data rate: 300 KB/sec
No Audio
THE ANSWER I got back was no better than the message created by PD how helpfull was that!
I was wondering what your thoughts are on that, could send you a copy to try if you wish, it is justa short intro - rotating globe of the world with Huber Productions circulating in oposite direction around the globe - just a sort of self boosting image as a home film maker - you know what I mean.
any way I am also having problems with imprting all my Samrt sound soft ware over to PD - did you have any issues on that ?
cheers
Peter Huber - from downunder
Hi David
I am in the same boat as you are, an ex Pinnacle 12 user after having read Jan Ozer review I descided to swap over to Power Director 7.
Since using it I found the integration between M2ts Sony files so smooth it is not funny, however I have come across the same issue with chapter generation, as we are used to a very flexible chapter setting from within Pinnacle.
What was you final work around, as, like you - I have a special avi intro to be palyed when the DVD starts, then I would expect the main menu to appear and then choices of chapters to be viewed are left up to the viewer.
cheers
Peter Huber
Go to: