Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Jay

I am getting the message "burning failed due to catastrophic error" when approx 60% of the building/writing files part of the burn process has completed. I have been using Cyberlink Power Director Express NE program for about 12months with no problems at all. This error started a few weeks ago. I have tried Windows Movie Maker and Nero but they will not recognise the .MOV files and I have been advised that renaming the files to something they will recognise will reduce the sound and picture quality.

I have tried the entire process about 6 times with the same result, uninstalled the software and reinstalled it to end up with the same error again.

I have searched the program help areas and cannot find this error mentioned at all. There must be someone who can explain what the error is and how to fix it.

I love the JVC Everio and the process to produce the DVD is so simple, but I am really cheesed off as now I have family video I can only view in individual files on my PC.

Leisa
Go to: