Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I disable the AACS License Key Update notification?
So in other words, it's not a free "Essential" / smaller-with-less-features version but rather a trial version of the full PowerDVD player.

That's very misleading to call it "PowerDVD Essential" and list it under "Free software & Apps".

Oh well, I'll just stick with VLC and/or Kodi then.
Hello

New user, just downloaded PowerDVD Essentials for blu-ray playback.

But I'm a bit confused about which parts are free and which parts aren't.

I downloaded from here:
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/trials/powerdvd-ultra/download_en_GB.html

Listed in the "Free software & apps" category.

And the sub-headline says: "Enjoy the best video quality in 4K, HDR, Blu-ray or DVD, HEVC and 360 VR."

And sure enough, it plays blu-ray fine (except BD-live doesn't seem to work... See https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/78473.page)

BUT: Continuing reading in the "Download information", it says the following:

"The following premium features unlocked for 30 days: Video disc and ISO playback (Blu-ray, DVD)."

That sounds to me like, after 30 days, I won't be able to play blu-ray anymore.

If that's the case, it is very misleading to describe it as a free app that can play blu-ray.

Can someone clarify?

EDIT: Something else: When clicking the "Download now" button, it gives me the file "CyberLink_PowerDVD_Downloader.exe"
And when executing that file, it downloaded what appears to be PowerDVD 20 - not PowerDVD Essentials. What gives?
New user here, just downloaded PowerDVD Essentials for blu-ray playback.

I'm experiencing the same problem. Blu-ray plays fine, but doesn't download.

The option "allow the connection when the certification is invalid" is selected in settings.

Any news on this?
Go to: