Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Can you explain in more detail? Where is YouCam installed? If it is installed on your laptop, and your laptop is closed, then...

Anyway, YouCam will use the primary camera selected in settings. In Camera settings check the "camera device" option.

Dave

So my laptop is a Win10 laptop with a built in webcam. I use a 3 monitor setup in my home office, and to achieve this, I can't use the built in display, so the laptop has to be closed. I have an external Logitech Webcam, which I am using as the "source" camera, sometimes however, when I try to log in, it shows me the black "output" from the inbuilt camera.

I'm testing various software at the moment, so in MS Teams, I may change the source device, and then change it back. I never use the built in camera app, but there doesn't seem to be any way to make it "default" to YouCam.

This morning for example, I was offered the facelogin prompt with the correct camera, but on reading your response, went into the camera pp, and it was "displaying" the built in camera. No option to change this in settings, so I had to "rotate" the camera, which then picked up the YouCam. No option to save this scenario, but I closed the app in the hope that would silently save the current configuration.

I'd love to use this feature, but I'm also finding it very flakey - it worked a couple of times on the first day I installed it, but often since then, it hasn't worked. I have taken about 25 reference shots now, any tips on how to make this work more often? I have it set at the "default" for accuracy.
I am finding that sometimes, the facelogin camera being used is the wrong one - it's trying to use my laptop camera, instead of my USB camera, but my laptop is closed, so no image.

There doesn't seem to be any way to select a different webcam, rendering the feature obsolete....
Hi, I have a strange issue.

I am using the latest version of YouCam (downloaded yesterday) and trying to use it in Microsoft Teams. In the YouCam app, I can see the overlay the correct way round, but when I use YouCam as the source for my Teams WebCam, the overlay gets flipped, so the text is reversed.

Note - the webcam image is not reversed, this is the overlay when using "scenes"
Go to: