Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I am using build 1829 and also can not burn a DVD with a menu.

A few observations...

I tested my project with 3 different stock menu templates and all produced the same result, which was error code c0040004 that happens about 90% of the way through the process. I chose to burn to a DVD folder - so I don't keep ruining DVD's.

If I move the error code box out of the way, the burning status window shows 90% complete but has the word "complete" in the window.

When I look at the DVD folder, I see only the VIDEO_TS folder in the DVD folder. My video is about 2 GB in size (about 30 minutes). I see three .VOB files in this VIDEO_TS folder. Two of the .VOB files I can view using VLC media player (VTS_02_1.VOB and VTS_02_2.VOB) and the video's look and sound great. I can also view the "First Play Video" (VTS_01_1.VOB) and it too looks fine too.

Also in the VIDEO_TS folder are .BUP and .IFO files that coorespond to the main video files. Thes files all have byte sizes of 12KB and 30KB.

Finally there is a zero byte .VOB file (VIDEO_TS.VOB) which I am assuming is the menu. My assumption is that PowerDirector 7 Ultra is choking on the menu creation process and starts to make the .VOB file but can't finish it.

If I choose to create a disc without a menu, I have no problems.

The strange thing is that I was able to burn a DVD file when I was using the .1714 build but I was having some AV sync problems where my audio would progressivly lag behind the video. I contacted tech support, they told me to upgrade my adio and video drivers which I did.

In the same tech support call I also mentioned this problem:
Whenever I try to save a menu template, I save and give it a name, but I can't see my template. I don't receive an error. I can choose the custom menu dropdown or the "all" dropdown but still don't see any new templates and can't see any stock templates that I've tried to edit...but this issue in my mind was taking a back seat to the bigger issue in my mind of the inability of burning a DVD with a menu.

I also had talked to tech support about this and they said they didn't know what to tell me. The person I talked to on the phone said that it worked fine for him and that I should try to upgrade to the 1829 build...which I did... Since the 1829 build PD7 seems more stable, but didn't fix any of these issues.

So really I have three issues.

1) Can't burn a DVD (or a DVD folder) with a menu
2) Can't save an edited or created menu template (can save without an error, just can't see it under "all" or "custom menus"
3) AV Sync issues, where the video and audio don't match up by the end of the video...which I think I fixed by splitting the audio from the video.

All three of these issues I have seen posted recently in the forums and have been reported to tech support, so I am just waiting for fixes. I like the PowerDirector product but feel that these three issues really make things difficult to make a DVD. I can make MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 files without incident though so I am happy about that at least.

BTW, I am running a Dell Latitude D630, Duo 2.4 GHZ, 2 GB RAM, Windows XP Pro with lots of free HD space.

Any help is appreciated.
Go to: