Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello, kindred spirit ~

Power DVD is a nice product gone wild. "Pow" DVD 8.0 is a lame horse for more than a few of us. So isn't 9.0 from what I see on their own Forum. But worse than that, my top Internet Security program (Kaspersky) has repeatedly detected/warned me of a virus tracker in this Power DVD v 8.0. I wrote down the name if you want.

The program crashed and was difficult to delete this Kaspersky target file.
Kaspersky walked me through same.

I have heard more than a few similar complaints. I even informed Cyberlink to no affect.
Worse than all that.... they won't replace the porgram I paid for and downloaded or delivered the DVD I requested and never received. Even won't resend the infected software!... unless I pay another $49.00.

SALES is saying it was a compllaint not files within 30 days of purchase. (documented again to be False statement. Their communication in "our" Gold Membership site show it was 2 weeks compllained about the glitch file they attach in the download (tracking file).

Today I'm out $46 and 19+ request for help and what happened to the Power DVD 8.0 disc they agreed to mail? My advice to you is give it up and go elsewhere. The company is slack-sloppy and seems to dislike even Gold Members with a civil request for costless refund or replacement.

Hard to believe isn't it. FTC and Attorney General office may pay attention after some bad business practice fumigation.
Long time since I ever spoke-up to Cyberlink Management but it has to be said. I was bilked of a purchase of a Power DVD ver 8.0 and tried for a month and a half to have a download of what I purchased after a computer glitch. My optional request for a refund due to lack of support was also ignored.

Two weeks into the request Cyberlink said you have to pay for what I had already bought..t again. They (falsely0 claimed I didn't make the request within the month's limited time.

A second commission over a "special" customer service seemed evident.
A purported manager said (have e-mail) they were sending a hard copy of the program to cure the matter. Again they ignored the statement six to seven weeks to date.

Look at all the version 9.0 problems. That's the tip of the berg. The customer service would be better called the laugh-line. I will post this warning on what borders on deceptive business practice.

I have never witnessed such low self respect crew found among the hungry marketing tribe. I hope you Buyers take care.
Go to: