Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After messing around for a few days, I was able to get rid of my sound hiccup completely. Using Handbrake or another program to convert does work, but I found the actual issue was with my recording format. Using a Panasonic Lumix G7, I have been recording in AVCHD format resulting in a .MTS file for video, which has been what I have been using to edit in Powerdirector. I tried something new by converting and exporting that .MTS file using Powerdirector, into a standard MP4 video file. I then placed the exact same clips, the original in .MTS format and the newly converted clip in MP4 format on the same timeline and added PIP videos over each clip in the same exact spots. The .MTS video continued to have sound hiccups, while the exact same video in .MP4 format was smoooth and had 0 audio issues at all. I have since changed my setting in my camera to do MP4 instead of AVCHD and I haven't had a single sound hiccup since. I have no technical idea behind it, but I'm guessing Powerdirector didn't like that.MTS file format. Hopefully this helps someone else. I am, now able to use Powerdirector again
Did we ever seem to find a resolution to this? I have been having the same issue which has made powerdirector essentially unusable on both of my PC's. Thanks for your help.

Quote Hi all -

Here's the combined screen capture (delay caused by repeated self-inflicted glitches), showing the difference between PDR18 & PDR17 when using particular clips. Here, the issue is obvious both in preview & in the produced file... with occasional exceptions to preview/timeline playback.

As posted above, PDR18 has no issues editing or playing back these clips... until they're overlapped or transitioned. I draw no conclusions except that there's something wrong!

Attached are the MediaInfo reports for the clips used in the screen captures.

Cheers - Tony
Did you get this figured out by chance? I am getting the same sound hiccup if I add a video over the top of my existing clip. For example, I add a small video window such as a gaming clip while I am talking, it hiccups right after the new PIP opens and then right after the PIP closes.
Go to: