Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi there, any feedback or suggestions would be wonderful

I have been doing all kinds of testing to figure out why my HP with a ryzen5 processor which is faster than an Intel Pentium7
cannot get high-quality HD happening using power director 18

When I try to record in power director 18 at a resolution of 12 80 x 7 20, regardless of the frames per second, the recording is horribly glitchy. The audio was always behind. The video is horrible.

So then I have to downgrade to an input resolution of 480. This allows the video to at least catch up and it syncs to the audio, but an input resolution of 480 doesn't look anything at all like an HD video on YouTube. And forget YouTube, it's all grainy even in preproduction on the HP before I upload

This boggles my mind. On my previous iMac which I bought in 2011, I never had such resolution problems. I wasn't using power director then.

Is this a power director issue?

God forbid that I have to buy a new computer. Is there anyone out there going through similar experiences, or who can help with things? Thanks

If you need to see the video, YouTube the following… Appleseed legacy
hi
i notice that my recorded videos weren't really of hd quality
then i would dump them into the pip designer for a green screen job
and they would come out horribly grainy

so i got scientific
i had another app, tinytake, that captures videos off the webcam, and these captures were in beautiful hd

so i knew there must be some input or capture settings inside cyberlink to get better camera hd on the webcam

i tried that and it worked.
except now, even though my computer is brand new and dual core
i record the videos, and they are in great hd, but slow and very glitchy

are there any recommendations somewhere for what these input/capture settings should be optimally to result in a perfect hd youtube video?

or does this just involve a mountain of trial and error on my machine.

also, does my computer ram cause an issue? i suspect it does
processor speed? i suspect it does

what ram and processor speed should i be running on pd18 to get full clean hd running property on the capture?

thanks!
thanks for your response.

i will spend time on the greenscreen and lighting setup

i know there is a pile of stuff on the internet

but does anyone know of a comprehensive greenscreen setup checklist that optimizes contrast and reduces noise to zero?

i need to kill those bleeding edges!
;

thanks
hi
holy cow batman, check out the greenscreen noise in my youtube video here and please help me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m3eMhPZu3w&t=27s

i just switched to windows10 from imac, and just purchased powerdirector 18

i did the lighting in my dark basement, was sitting about 2 feet in front of my cloth greenscreen with good overhead light.

i am using my new HP desktop computer/webcam, which apparently does HD but not 4k.

i applied the chromakey and played with the color range and denoising endlessly, but couldn't solve it

as you can see, my clothes and hair are defintely not green.

i uploaded at the max resolution for youtube.

will appreciate all help and feedback

cheers!
skip
Go to: