Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have a very specific video editing requirement that's related to music video production, and I'm wondering if PD7 is able to provide the necessary functionality. So far, I've worked with Nero and Pinnacle Studio 11, but neither of them can do it.

Here's the situation: I have three separate clips of a singer singing (lip-syncing) his song from beginning to end. Each clip is shot in a different environment. To produce the final video, I need to be able to freely cut between these clips as the song plays.

Ideally, in the video editing program, I would like to have all three clips running in parallel on separate video lanes and then be able to choose which lane to "activate" at any given point in the timeline.

Looking at the manual, it seems that PD7 only offers one video lane. Doing this sort of editing with just one video lane is certainly possible, but it's a royal pain, especially when there are lots of quick cuts in a short span of time. Also, each cut would need to be re-synced with the audio track, while the scenario I describe above only requires the video clips to be synced up to the audio track once at the beginning.

Is this kind of editing possible in PD7? If not PD7, are there other video editing programs that can do this?

Many thanks.
Go to: