Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Out of the blue some effects are missing like light-6 and some other effects

Power Director 365 latest version

Is there a possibilty to reinstall effects?

Regards,
Robert
Quote Thanks very much for attaching the detailed test results. They show that you're using a fairly recent nVidia driver, but I think it's the Game Ready version, rather than Studio Diver, which may be better suited for PD and creating videos.

That likely isn't the issue with your BSODs, just something to consider tweaking.

The most recent 10 serious crashes are all listed in the Windows Error Reports (WERx) at the end of the results, and the older ones point to PDHanumanSvr, which is a core component of PD and to CaptureNX-D, which is obviously from Nikon. The next 6 most recent crashes were generic BlueScreens that don't specify the source app/library by name, and the most recent crash was caused by the nVidia driver.

If I were you, I'd do the following steps in this order:

1. Uninstall PD and the Nikon software suite and reboot

2. Download and install the nVidia Studio Driver linked above, and choose just NVIDIA Graphics Driver. On the Installation Options page, chose Custom (Advanced) then select only the Graphics Driver and also check the Perform a clean installation box. This will force the installer to remove all existing drivers and then only install the new graphics driver. You may need/want to reboot

3. Reinstall PD and verify that you can edit in the MultiCam Designer without crashing

4. Reinstall KB4535996, reboot and try PD with the MCD again. If the crash still occurs, you should request tech support here.

5. Once PD runs normally even with the KB update istalled, you can run the nVidia installer again if you want to add any of the game-specific features that PD doesn't need, and then test again to make sure they aren't causing trouble with the MCD

6. Likewise, reinstall the Nikon software suite and confirm that PD is still stable

Hopefully going through tese steps will get you running smoothly again

Thanks a lot Optodata,

The latest NVIDIA driver I recently installed is the studio driver so that should be OK.

But I will follow your advice concerning reinstalling PD, Nikon NX-D and the NVIDIA driver. I am not a gamer but only use that computer for video and photo editing.

Will keep you posted
Quote Arenz,
You're getting warmer.
The actual Dxdiag is generated when you click on that SAVE ALL INFORMATION button. It creates a text file
of all sorts of important information, but not personal information.
That is the file members need to hopefully get a handle on your issue.

Here it is,

Regards,
Robert
Quote OK. The "nutshell" specs don't really provide any useful info, other than to tell me that you and I have similar motherboards. In order to understand what might be going on at a deep enough level to figure out what might be causing BSODs, the DxDiag test results are essential.

Please post back with them if you'd like more help here. They're also required if you decide to contact Cyberlink tech support.

Hello Optodata,

Here are the results from the DXDIAG test, but after uninstalling KB4535996 everything works fine again.

Regards,
Robert
Hello Optodata,

Here are my computer specs in a nutshell

Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz Eight-Core LGA 1151 Processor
ASUS Prime Z390-A LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
Ballistix 32GB Sport AT Series DDR4 3200 MHz DR UDIMM Memory Kit (2 x 16GB)
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC Graphics Card
Samsung 500GB 970 EVO NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Adobe Photoshop
Nikon NX-D
PD 365

Everything worked (works) fine with PD as well as all the other programs I use, it's just the multicam function that makes PD crashing
Anyway, I have downloaded the latest NVIDIA Studio driver in the meanwhile, and let's wait and see. I have delayed KB4535996 in the meanwhile.

I can select the clips I want to use with MCD with right mouse click but as soon as I click the record button it goes wrong.
Anyway it works again for the moment, so let's see what the future will bring

Robert
Windows 10 latest KB4535996 CU makes multicam operation crashing Powerdirector (blue screen)

After uninstalling KB4535996 CU everything works fine again.

Robert
Go to: