Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

Goquy,

Please check the PM we sent you.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

I appologize but this will have to wait. I have customers that are waiting for finished products NOW and I am behind schedule by at least a week. I have switched back to Windows 7 and PD16 although PD18 is still on that backup. When I get some time in a few weeks I will restore the Windows 10 and check it out, but for now I have to get work done.
I've also had nothing but problems with PD18 [read 365 as I bought a subscription that has now been made to NOT renew]. At first, I thought maybe it was Windows 10 since the only reason I got Windows 10 was due to CL not including Dolby Digital but relying on the Windows 10 Dolby. I guess they figured nobody was still using an older Windows version. I had been using PD16 on Windows 7 for a long time with zero problems. Now:

1. PD freezes sometimes at startup.

2. PD freezes at save always at 60%.

3. PD crashes when dragging the cursor on the timeline (I do a lot of cut and paste) - gave CL detailed info in the troubleshooting pop-up over 10 times including my email address and checking the box for a reply - never received one.

4. PD crashes sometimes when changing the aspect ratio. When it doesn't crash, it takes over a minute to perform the action.

5. PD crashes when returning from full screen display of timeline back to normal edit layout.

Finally submitted a support ticket. I've been using PD since forever and really don't like Roxio or Corel as they don't have the flexibility or controls that Cyberlink has, but I have to work and this is just too time consuming at this point.
Submitted a second support ticket on item 5. I guess we need to start flooding in support tickets so they take notice that something is fubar.
Since installing PowerDirector 18 I'm having problems with not being able to import some video clips. PD18 states:

An error occurred when openning this media file.
It may have unsupported or protected audio, or it could be for another reason.
You may continue editing the video part of the file only.

It opens & plays just fine in PD16. Any suggestions?

My current work-around:

• Open in PD16

• Send the audio to Wave Editor

• Make a slight increase in volume

• Return it and replace existing audio

• Produce it with no other changes

• Imports to PD18 with no problem

Go to: