Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi,

Have PD7 ULTRA 7.00.2105 & it just started crashing out of the blue after one succesful DVD folder burn. A repeat attempt of burning the SAME DVD FOLDER in another directory (SAME HD) started crashing repeatedly without reason.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Steve
Hi again Kai,

Have you tried running PD7 ULTRA in "compatibility mode" to make VISTA run PD7 ULTRA it as if it was running under windows XP SP2?

If that doesnt work then I don't know, sorry.

Regards,

Steve
Hi Kai,

I had a similar problem with AVCHD 1440x1080. Here is what I did & it worked for me.

I recommend you download your files first to your HD (if you have not done so already).

Set up your time line & Chapters ...etc then go to burn. Select the output (1920 x 1080 for you) , "Bluray with menu" & MPEG4AVC or AVCHD. Select your menu. Click burn and UN-check "burn disk" but check Burn "BURN FOLDER" instead. When it is done, close PD7 ULTRA and use a 3rd party software (like the one that came with your burner or other) to burn the folders created on to a BLU-RAY rewritable or DVD DL+R or regular DVD-R.

If it is still crashing I would delete the temp folders created by your previous burn and try again. This I found was important if you had a crash and did not purge the temp files & folders. Also I recommend you reboot your PC after a crash.

The temp folders & files you should delete are:

1) "Audio.tmp"
2) "PP_HDMV.TMP"
3) "PP_MOTION.TMP"
4) "ShadowEditFiles"

These are found usually in the "My documents folder" and usually are erased when you close PD7 ULTRA unless it crashes.

Also I would delete any files found in your temp folder (it is usually a hidden folder unless you have set your folder preferences in windows explorer to be able to see it). You can also bring it up if you do the following: Click the "START" button => "RUN" => type: %temp% => "ENTER". You will bring up the temp folder and you can usually delete all files in it without harming anything.

After you have deleted the unwanted files from the previous crash, try outputting your project to file & then burning it like I told you above.

Anyway, hope it works for you (it did for me) but I make no guarantees.

Regards,

Steve
Hi Arturo,

Have had no success with "splitting" sound files. As a matter of fact I have upgraded to version 1911 of PD7 ULTRA and added the 1915 patch. Still the same audio issues and now even new problem in rendering.

1) If I use SVRT3 to make AVCHD files they "lock up" and cannot be played (hear just sound & picture freezes).

2) If I output to a Blu-Ray Folder (to burn later), It RENDERS the clips (instead of just linking them) and the rendering is terrible when compared to the original AVCHD file quality. There is horrible "pixalization" especially where there is water involved. The original clip had NO "pixalization" whatsoever of the water.

So, after doing all the upgrades & patches, I still have my OLD PROBLEM (no audio sync) & NEW PROBLEM (horrible rendering). Only owning a LADA could be worse.

I spent ALL weekend to render every possible combination of "Split & non-Split" audio as well as output to every format.

The only one where there is good audio sync is when you output your Blu-Ray disks as MPEG2 format (NOT AVCHD), BUT the picture is rendered and is HORRIBLE compared to the ORIGINAL NATIVE AVCHD.

I am completely degusted. I am about ready to give up on PD7. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks again for trying to help.

Steve

PS: Sorry for the ranting but I am just "venting"
Hi again,

You said to go to "produce" & "select MPEG2". Should I not be selecting "AVCMPEG4" "1440 x 1080" as the original files were in AVCHD?

Steve
Thanks for the reply.

I have a question: Did you mean output the individual files to a "Blu-Ray folders" (ready for burning) on the HD then re-introduce THOSE m2ts files into a new project timeline. If so, do you think it is OK to introduce chapterpoints and create a main menu & a chapter menu? (What I mean is, would you consider that "editing" the project?).

Steve
Hi,
Can Anyone help.

Have been having audio sync issues while trying to create AVCHD &/or Blu-Ray disks of home videos. In the time line all is well but when I output to a folder or Blu-Ray, the first 20-30 minutes are syncronized but when it runs longer, there is about a 1/2 to 1 sec delay between lip movement and sound.

I read somewhere in this forum that spliting the video from audio (so it can be remultiplexed by the software) would help. This made sense since we use to do this with the old Sonic DVDit 2.5 and it worked great.

Unfortunately I have tried using both m2ts audio & WAV audio files in the timeline without sucess in resolving this problem. Have also tried to convert audio to LPCM but this just crashes PD7 ULTRA. All my m2ts files are on my HD (downloaded from SONY HDR-SR7) so these are not "streamed" from the camcorder.

The m2ts files are 1440 x 1080 (I presume Interlaced).

ANY Ideas would be helpfull.

Thanks Everyone!

Steve
Hi,
Power Director 7 ULTRA Crashing with AVCHD Burn

-Camcorder HDR-SR7 (SONY)
-CPU: Intel QUAD CORE Q6600
-Video Card GE FORCE 7600 GS 512 MB memory (AGP 8X)
-Sound Card: RelTek HD (Built in)
-XP PRO SP 2
-AVCHD Files are on Hard Drive (Downloaded from Camcorder) using
SONY software.
- All antivirus software is off during use of Power Director 7 ULTRA
BURN is set to AVCHD 1440 x 1080 5.1 surround without motion in menu

Issues:

1)While doing AVCHD BURNING I get a crash with the following message:

Power Director Error

AppName: pdr.exe AppVer: 7.0.0.1628
ModName: se_clmediadetect.dll
ModVer: 1.1.0.3906 Offset: 00039270

- Have even tried PowerDirector 7.0 (build: 1714) [Vista ready]
(PowerDirector7_1714_VDE071008-01.exe) as per CS but still get same
crash.

2) This crash is 15 out of 16 times (Have coasters to prove it).
- Sometimes it works OK (the very first time) with CRISP UNRENDERED (so it seems) Images. Other times when it doesn't crash, the same sequence of videos appears blurry (like the software tried to render but failed miserably). Have tried burning with chapters, without chapters, creating a directory with video to burn later (= option under BURN).

Have uninstalled, reinstalled program, directories and deleting registry entries without success per CS instructions without any luck.

Bottom line:

1) Can anyone help with the crash issue?
2) Does anyone know why when it does not crash, at times video appears almost like the original and at times appears like "mud".

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Steve
Go to: