Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OK, it works for me as well. I've got a nice answer from someone form tech support by e-mail, also stating they would look into my other issue.

So yep, I was pissed yesterday, but the fast answer is also appreciated!

Mark, do you have XP or Vista? And when do you have this error message? When installing, or trying to activate the SW?
As I have the same issue (plus another one, but that's another story), I'm interested. I didn't find it very easy to join Cyberlink (or is it Element 5 for these invalid keys questions??)

The link you're providing is sending us back to Element 5 when we choose Lost CD Key. Could you please let me know if this is correct, or should I choose another category?

(Sorry to be dumb...)
I also hope that PDVD 8 ultra works better than 7.3, because there are a few BR disks I can't read with it, eventhough my system is supposely compatible according to Cyberlink advisor (and there is no reason it is not).
The sad thing about this is that this is not the first time they have had this issue with activation and that it is still not working properly.

I'm ok with activation process, because hacking is not a good thing. If I want to use a SW, I pay for it, that's just fair. But I don't want to be penalized because of activation process that doesn't work.

These protections have one big problem: they tend to create issues for normal not hacking the SW. No wonder clients are gettting pissed by this, and some turning to hacked keys (note that I don't suggest to do so!)
OK, I've tried again today, but it still doesn't work. On the other hanbd, if it's an issue with their server, I guess they may not fix it during the week-end.

Hey, if anyone from Cyberlink or an admin sees this, I've BTW tried this with the upgrade version and a full licence version. I have the issue with both, and I've sent an e-mail to the customer service about this....
I've bought from cyberlink online store an upgrade from PDVD 7 deluxe to PDVD 8 ultra today. Got the activation by e-mail during the pruchase process, no problem as sual (not the first time I upgrade on-line).

But as other people have seen in April, I've an error message when trying to launch the app, saying that the activation key I'm entering is not correct. Hey, whatever...

I thought from the various messages posted on this forum that these issues were gone, we're the 3rd of May and I bought it online today.

I've tried various trick (deactivate firewall, ...), but this sucks big time. I've also sent an e-mail to isales@cyberlink.com. Did anyone succeed in fixing the issue by itself, or did it always required a new activation key from Cyberlink?

Thx for your feedback
Go to: