Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >

I'm pretty sure that what you're looking for can be done with a free software tool called PDTemplatePacker, created by forum member Godfrey ZA.

If my understanding is correct, you'll create your PiP first as a normal PD project, so place all your clips in the correct places and make sure it "plays" like you want it, then use Pack Project Materials... under PD's File menu to save everything to a new folder. Then you simply import the project into PDTemplatePacker and follow the steps to package the project asa a .dzp object, ready for uploading!

The clouds of confusion have parted and the angels are singing! HALLELUJAH!

Finally a solution to my PiP question! Not only did this solve that issue, it gave me all kinds of other ways to personalize my projects and make them easy to reproduce.

Now I can create my own:

• Express Projects

• Titles

• Transitions

• DVD

• Magic Style

• and....PiP Objects

Thank you for sharing your expertise. I have also thanked Godfrey Philander the creator of this wonderful software.

I do not know why CyberLink would not have added this feature. Thank goodness someone else did! Maybe saving PiPs will be in the next release?
Quote G'day EWZ -

The PiP Objects (Video Overlays) that have multiple images included, like this one or the one included in PDR called "Gyroscope" are not in the same format as a single object with motion applied.

They're actually animations, made of a series of separate files.

Take a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1\PiPObject & open the folder called "PDR14_Gyroscope" and you'll see all the separate frames that make the animation.

As Steven & AVPlayVideo said, using multiple tracks for multiple objects is the usual process.

Cheers - Tony

But how do you add multiple tracks in the PiP Designer? I cannot see how to add tracks nor do I see multiple tracks in the Gyroscope Pip.
Quote I'm not sure what you mean when you say "like the ones we can download".

But are you talking about a video collage? There's actually a tool for that built into the Ultimate version of the program.

Otherwise, you can layer as many tracks of video as you like on top of each other. Up to at least 99. And you can resize them and create separate animations for each. Just add each PiP to separate track.

No, I am not trying to do a video collage.

I want to create a PiP that is like the Gyroscope PiP that you can download to use as a PiP.

Take a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\templates\PowerDirector Content Pack Premium 1\PiPObject & open the folder called "PDR14_Gyroscope" and you'll see all the separate frames that make the animation.

The PiPs ARE animations, made of a series of separate files. I have the files I want to use. I want to take those (up to 99) tracks and make them one Pip. There seems to be only one track in PiP for the Gyroscope PiP so where is it calling all the other images from?

The question is how do you save the animation with all the PiP images on multiple tracks and save it to the PiP library like the Gyroscope PiP?

I hope this explains better what I am hoping to do. Thank you for you suggestions.

I think, it does not have user support, create Pip with more than one image.

You create as many PIPs as you need, one on each Track.

Save as project.

And use, Incert Project ... to add this in the position you want within the main project.

Option, You can try to do in Particle Designer, in it can add multiple png images.

Some things can be done in it.

Thank you for your suggestions. I can achieve the PIP effect with what you explained but I still cannot import the Project into the PIP Designer. I think it is easier to just create a movie and save it and import it. It is easier to handle. What I really want to do is figure out how CyberLink makes their PIPs so I can make my own complex animations that are real PIPs. Thank you!

What I do is create multiple PIP one for each image.
One below the other on the timeline, taking into account that the below overlaps the top.

I have used the Produce Range to create a complex PIP but it is not able to be saved as a PIP. It is just a video that I would need to reimport into another project. The PIP Designer saves the PIP in the library where I can use it again on any project. What I do not see is how to add multiple images in the PIP Designer and then save them as a PIP in the Library. I cannot figure out how to layer all the png images that make up the animation and add them to the PIP Designer and save to the Library.
Quote G'day EWZ -

The PiP Objects (Video Overlays) that have multiple images included, like this one or the one included in PDR called "Gyroscope" are not in the same format as a single object with motion applied.

They're actually animations, made of a series of separate files.

As Steven & AVPlayVideo said, using multiple tracks for multiple objects is the usual process.

Cheers - Tony

I understand what you are saying and I have even created PNGs of an animation. What I don't understand is how to get them into the PIP Designer. I only see one line at the top for one PNG. When I went to the file link you sent, I see the multiple gyroscope images but in the PIP Designer view of the Gyroscope, I only see one line with Number_000.png as the file being displayed. I don't see to be able to create multiple lines as I do in the video edit mode.

Where are the other files that make up the animation? Thank you in advance.
I am confused about creating PIPs. I have uploaded an image and used keyframes to move it. Easy. What I would like to do is create more complex PIPs like the ones we can download. They seem to have multiple images each being given their own movement. I do not see on their timeline any keyframes or actions or even multiple objects yet when they animate there are different parts moving yet the timeline only shows one .png and no keyframing. How is this done?
Go to: