Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It dont matter. Not everyone has a good experience with PD7. I was just one of them also. I wont go away, I will just sit back and wait.

I belong to see my world on video, and have given lots of input to the guys at Cyberlink. I do not wish the guys there any harm. I am sure they are pulling what little hair they have out anyway.

I speak to Dafydd all the time using Skype. We talk so much that we seldom talk about PD7 or anything related to Cyberlink anymore. He is a GREAT guy and a better source of information on a lot of topics.

Like I said, I will wait til there is a version of PD7 that works for me. Until then, PD6 gives me no problems and has all the features I need. No need for me to produce a HD video. No one around here could watch it in HD anyway. I live WWOD... way way out dare...... The closest wallmart to me is 230 miles. (or antything else for that matter)

I will tell you that I downloaded the trial of Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultra because I have heard so much about it. I was REALLY disappointed with it. Power Director has it beat no contest-hands down-end of story. In fact Power Director in my opinion has the best title board effects out there. I like to use title boards and have a lot of action.

I wish I could post a video I made for a old timers convention here last year. With PD6. It was 1 hour 49 minutes long, and it was shown to a crowd of over 800 people. Loaded with 50 and 60's music, lots of historical pictures, and some old video footage of the community. It got a 10 minute standing ovation. I handed out 350 DVD's of it. All at no cost. Worked on it for 4 months. Thats what I do... at least a dozen of those a year....all free ... did one last night also. but it was the shortest I have ever made. Only 44 minutes.. I have done the local High Schools Graduation video every year for a lot of years. I used Power Point for a very long time. I am really good with it. (thanks to 20 years of Air Force staff meetings)

I must be CRAZY....... but I do like Power Dirctor. Just not all versions....

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ fingers are still crossed....

I have tried PD7 on all 4 of my computers. 3 vista and 1 win2000, all good high end machines, two of which I ran PD6 on for a long time, and its the same on all of them. Got ALL the updates installed. Have any of you guys made a 2 hour video yet?

If all I wanted to do is produce 4 minute videos for you tube it would be alright. I did not make my 4 minutes christmas greeting videos this year like I normally do (was in and out of hospital) but my normal produced movies are never less than 1 hour and 30 minutes. I make them all the time for non profit organizations for free.

I am certainly glad some of you have no problems.

I will wait a while before I try PD7 again. By the way, I am running the beta Win7 and its the same, and I have only had one small issue with Win7 and got it resolved, it was a sound card issue. Other than that I love it and all Vista users will too. It is what Vista should have been. Microsoft should give it out for free to registered Vista users. My laptop really loves it. Its fast in everything it does. About 1 minute to boot. Quick shut down.

I reproduced my PD7 movie in PD6 using Win 7 and Vista last week with like I said above ZERO problems.

By the way I tried the demo versions of Pinnacle Studio 12 Ultimate and Magix Movie Editor pro, both are not in the same league as Power Producer.
Having beta tested, and getting all the updates, I finally give up trying to use PD7. It is the most unstable and frustrating thing I have ever used. I used PD5 and PD6. I have gone back to PD6.

PD7 has so many problems it should not be sold.

Having to remake my last video in PD6, with ZERO problems I might add, I was able to meet a scheduled deadline. With PD7 my videos were not crisp and sharp. In PD7 you have to bring up a seperate window to view in high def which is crazy.

Almost all my videos are right at 1 hour 50 minutes. Except the one I tried to make in PD7. It is only 44 minutes and PD7 could not handle it.

If all you make are 45 second videos, PD7 might work for you.

I run PD6 on the SAME machine as PD7.. Vista Home Premium and Win7 beta.

PD6 had the option to preview in 3 definition formats.
PD6 did not stall previewing videos.
PD6 does not make your PIP videos look fuzzy and out of focus.
PD6 always burned and/or rendered my video. PD7 will only render a Windows/Avi and takes forever. PD7 will not burn a DVD.
PD6 renders windows/AVI TWICE as fast and will also do a DV/AVI (PD7 would not)

When the time line gets over 40 minutes. PD7 gets unstable, locks up, crashes, and you have to save each thing you do and have it autosave every 2 minutes. PD6 does not do that with a timeline of 1 hour and 50 minutes.

I tried, boy did I try to make PD7 work, but it is impossible.

They need to scrap PD7 and start over. PD6 is better for those that do not need HD. Even though I have an HD capable computer I was afraid to try anything in HD with PD7.

To me trying to use PD7 was very frustrating, I do hope they fix it, but it looks doubtful.
Go to: