Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hey, wouldn't it be cool to have an iPhone app that could control PowerDVD? I like the iTunes remote a lot and having the same thing for PowerDVD would be very cool. Just the basic controls, volume, play, pause, stop, FF, rew, speed and I would be happy
Cyberlink, please think about this
Ich hab mal nachgefragt und die 8 kostenlos bekommen.
Ich hab jetzt auf einer Seite gefunden, dass man mit einem Trick HD DVD Support in PowerDVD 8 Ultra bekommen kann, hab das aber nicht selbst probiert, da ich die 8 nicht habe.
Zum Thema Terminator...hatte letzte Woche die build D vom Support bekommen (mittlerweile auch als Patch verfügbar) aber die ändert auch ncihts am Crash. Jetzt wollen die schon wieder zum 4. Mal meine dxdiag und bdadvisor Datei.
Es wäre gut wenn alle mit diesem Problem ein support ticket aufmachen, damit die merken, dass ich nicht der Einzige mit diesem Problem bin. Um ihr Forum scheren die sich ja nen feuchten Kehricht...
Well, of course the main reason to not include support would be the money. I'm sure the HD DVD licence is not free. By not putting that into 8 Ultra, Cyberlink saves money. Of course they don't lower the price of the product because if you sell less features for the same price, your bank account will like it. So PowerDVD 8 Ultra still costs the same as 7 Ultra only with 2/3 of the features.
Hah, if only 7.3 would play ALL HD DVDs as you say...try running Terminator 2 Ultimate Edition with the German DTS track...PowerDVD will crash(see the German Cyberlink forum that apparently noone reads or also on the cinefacts.de forums). Other tracks will work. I'm still waiting for a patch to fix this. Needless to say, I'm not purchasing any upgrade as long as that isn't fixed. And yes I've mailed support and here are the five brilliant answers:
1)send dxdiag.txt and BD/HD advisor results ->done
2)this were very detailed reinstall instructions->useless as I'm not the only one with this problem but done none the less
3)see above
4)PowerDVD doesn't support Dual Displays in HD playback->useless, I only have one monitor and never mentioned I would be using two or more
5)request to send dxdiag and BD/HD advisor results

USELESS

So guys, what answer will I get next to my pending inquiry? I would guess the reinstall instructions and after that the dual display answer again? How hard can it be to fix this problem? Look what different the German track is from the others and then FIX IT! Come on guys, you can do better than to send me hillbilly answers as if I wouldn't know what I'm doing on my PC.
Ich hab jetzt eine erste Antwort vom Support bekommen....eine umfangreiche Deinstallations- und Neuinstallationsanleitung. Als ob das das Problem wäre...
Hat jemand von euch das Problem wenn alles mit HDCP läuft (also Grafikkarte mit HDCP und dann digital an nen Monitor mit HDCP angeschlossen)? Ansonsten ist vielleicht der analoge Anschluss das Problem.
Am Toshiba notebook wäre ja alles mit HDCP, oder?...und das scheint ja zu funktionieren. Hat das Notebook auch nen Anschluss für einen analogen Monitor? Wäre interessant ob die Ausgabe dann auch noch klappt...
Ich hatte jetzt mal den Ton auf den deutschen Kopfhörer-Ton eingestellt, dann lief der Film an. Da der Ton sehr bescheiden klang, hab ich dann versucht während des Films wieder auf DTS umzustellen->Crash. Dann PowerDVD neugestartet und dann ging der Kopfhörer Ton auch nicht mehr...
Was für Grafikkarten benutzt ihr? Ich habe eine 7800GT, analoger Anschluss wird benutzt. Könnte mir vorstellen, dass die vllt. Probleme machen könnte. Rest des PCs: Core2Duo E8400, 4GB RAM, Toshiba H802A, Vista Premium 64bit.

Edit: nach dem PC Neustart geht der Englische Ton und der deutsche Headphone Ton...versuche ich die Tonspuren NACHDEM ich den deutschen Ton versuche (und PDVD crasht), funktionieren die nicht. Also alle die Probleme haben sollten mal nen PC Neustart versuchen, dann geht zumindest der deutsche Headphone und die englische Tonspur.
Kann den Fehler bestätigen...beim auswählen von Director's Cut crasht PowerDVD ("PowerDVD funktioniert nicht mehr").
Extras UND Online funktioniert bei mir.
Go to: