Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I still haven't tried it yet, but just having read the cautions at the top of the page, I may hold off for now!
Here is the URL that should take you directly to the utility:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
I just received a prompt reply from Cyberlink tech support. They explained that there is no upgrade available to change the free version to Vista, so you would need to buy a newer version if you like the program.

They also gave instructions for a different way to try to remove the XP version 4 of the program using a Windows unistallation utility - I haven't tried it yet, but here it is:

NOTE : In order to uninstall the Power2Go software, please visit the link given below to download the Windows un-installation utility :

msicuu2.exe

Please install it and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if Power2Go is on product list, If you can see Power2Go in product list. Select Power2Go and click "Remove" button to clean up Power2Go.

Do you know if there's any way to at least get rid of the pop-up ad that appears everytime I try to shut down?
I have been struggling with the same problem - I haven't even used the product but tried to delete it because I can't shut down due to a pop-up window everytime to advertise an upgrade. I wish CyberLink had posted a warning that the "gift" was not applicable to anyone with Vista. I am also disappointed that Acer allowed them to promote the product on my new laptop. Is there nothing short of reformatting my whole computer that I can do to get rid of this huge annoyance?! Help!!!
Go to: