Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
It's not polite to use a potty-mouth on this forum.
Please edit your post a tiny bit.
So, back to the copyright message. You are using a video camera and I have never actually got that message unless using a VCR, so I'm still suggesting dirty heads or tapes, and as mentioned before in the thread rewinding (under supervision) a few times may even the tension and flitter away some dust/dirt. I'm not sure how you might stop your computer from going sleepy on you other than in power management.

I found another strange behavior of EzGrapper - the last 3 times I rebooted my computer I too had to reinstall EzGrapper !

After a reboot when EzGrapper was started - just started, not even grapping anything - it polluted my desktop with empty grapper-files named as EzGrapper do with the date and time - 15-20 files - I had it set to store thegrapper files on the desktop, yeah, that's my setting - but the empty files - wonder where they came from.

The cure = uninstall an re-install !

Too EzGrapper is effected by the PAUSE-screen - you have to turn PAUSE-screen OFF - when the screen is paused EzGrapper resets and the current recording and puts it into a sort of HALT-mode - no matter how long it had been recording- it comtinues when you touch mouse/keyboard but what WAS recorded before vanishes !

I think it's a very low quality program - why so sensitive - my tapes are/was new tapes recorded 1 time and there is no noise or scratch to see or hear.

PowerDirector 12 is even worse for my purpose - I just need a good and stable Grapper able of converting a whole tape to a big raw file. I then cut this file into smaller sequences each of 2-3 min.

It was a very bad experience to work with EzGrapper and I have no need for the facilities in PowerDirector12 ... but I've have nearly finished mu converting ... so let's stop it here.

THX for your time and advices ; !

Best Regards
KSor, Denmark
I found out why EzGrapper only records some few minutes !

I records a Video8 tape and it takes around 1 hour depending of size of tape, but the computer goes into sleep/snooze mode after some time !

When I came back to the computer and sees it's in sleep/snooze mode, I touch the mouse and sees it's stil recording, BUT ...

In fact the FILE ONLY CONTAINS recording from I woke up the computer until I stopped recording !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now the best part of it all - I have settings on sleep/snooze that is "NEVER"

I have looked in the BIOS to see if there was anything on the harddrive - nothing there !

I can see the screen is off - WHERE IS THAT SETTING ?

EDIT: OK, maybe the PAUSE screen can mess up the recording too !
Quote What is your equipment chain?
Are the tapes moldy/dirty?
Are the heads dirty?
The copyright warning is from a dirty signal, Macrovision is artificial noise.
Your issue could even be interference from other very close electrical interference as well as subpar old ratty cabling.

I have my

1) Camcorder Sony Video8 CCD V100E
2) Diamond 500 VC500 USB Interface
3) HP I5 16Mb RAM

I PLAN to get my old tapes grapped in som BIG raw files I then will cut into smaller sequences of 2-5 minuttes.

Sometimes

a) the BIG raw files ca't be played back - just a blue screen where I can move into the whole file but it will not ply by itself.
b) if the BIG rax file is playable and looking good - when I start to cut it into smaller files - these files are NOT showing smoothly

EzGrapper sometimes just stops recording and starts again as though it records in a loop = what should be a BIG eaw file - lets say 4 Gb as a copy of a tape - it's only 1 Gb and has only the last part of the tape.

And I'm just using 3:4 in quality 3 of 7.

I think this process converting video tapes to computer a very very un-stable process ... close to Hokus Pokus and magic !
At least Hokus Pokus and magic is used to explain a lot of the problems in the process .... it can't be that complicated, I think.
Quote The EZ Grabber software is included in the purchase of the Diamond VC500. Did you bother to install it. See this page: https://www.diamondmm.com/product/diamond-vc500-one-touch-video-capture-edit-stream/ and Go to the Support & Download page to see what is included.

I have installed EzGrapper but I think it looks like a shitty program
I'm not buying the PowerDirector just to get the EzGrapper !

Why is the PowerDirector showing this "copyright"-thing when I just use my own tapes - in the first place that's way I bought the product !
My first captures all had some "hickUps" the picture and and is frozen for some 10-20 seconds and then the capture proceeds - and the hickUp is in the file too !

I tried to capture 4-5 times but the hickUps keep coming up - not the same locations on the tape.

Now it changed a little:

I can only capture for some few minutes before I get this message:

The movie is copyright protected !

and then the capture stops and ask for a filename !

What the heck is wrong here ... I'm capturing from MY OWN Video8 tapes with MY OWN recordings from way back !
Go to: