Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
With all due respect, that advice is not helpful. First off, you want the 9.12 hotfix, not just Catalyst 9.12. For most of us, the most stable environment seems to be the 9.12 hotfix with the Realtek ATI HDMI 2.39 driver. That would be a better recommendation. However, I don't think either piece of advice is going to help this issue.
Damn! That really sucks. I guess you have to wait for ATI to get a working driver out then. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
There is a way to fix it but you have to be willing to install a patch made by an AVSForum member. I suggest going there and looking for a post by someone named Tulli for an 'EDID override'. Some people claim to have success with installing that for receivers that aren't working. Otherwise it's said that the 10.1 or 10.2 ATI drivers will fix this issue. Something about an EDID parsing problem. I don't know. You can give it a try though.
Quote: What does HD-DVD playback have to do with my BluRay playback problem? Nothing.

Every other player can handle this BluRay disc. Why can't CyberLink? Why haven't they fixed it?

True about the HD DVD playback thing. It has nothing to do with this issue. It's just another annoyance.

And that's a really good question...Why haven't they fixed it indeed...
Quote:

True and as I have been told from the tech guy they are never going to add in HD DVD support in version 8 or another versions. Sad how they made up everyone's minds and never thought once about how many people still own HD DVD's and how how Netflix still carries them.

Which is why I still use PowerDVD 7 even though I bought 8 when it first came out. I have absolutely no intention of feeding this beast again. They've removed features that people care about and use. The product is not fixed in any kind of timely manner when bugs are found. And at this point, other alternatives are becoming viable for some people. Myself, I've started using TMT lately as it has HD DVD support and is very light on my system's resources. Oh yea, and they don't downsample the audio. PowerDVD has ALWAYS been my favorite media program, but, starting with version 7 things have really gone downhill fast. I wish Cyberlink the best in selling any new versions of this software. Far too many people feel as I do in that we've been burned. It was promised that version 8 would have HDMI support added to it for audio solutions that supported PAP. Yup....that's out there for us, right? Hmm, no? sigh.
Yea. It doesn't seem like a priority to fix it. It's really a shame.
I can attest that both play the extras just fine as does my PS3. So this is without a doubt a PowerDVD issue. Also interesting to note is that while not perfect, Arcsoft TMT will also play HD DVD's. Cyberlink does not have time to rest on its laurels just because it's currently number 1 for BD playback. They should be more responsive to their customers.
I can confirm this problem with Top Gun in PowerDVD 7 Ultra. I have uninstalled PowerDVD 8 Ultra as it provides absolutely no benefit to me whatsoever over 7 and in fact gives me reduced functionality. I would like to see an update for this problem in version 7.
Go to: