Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Hi Paul,

Would you help to provide version and SR number of P2G?
These information could be found on the about dialog.
Thanks.

I'd love to be able to help, but I have now formatted my PC - not just because of P2G, other reasons too.

If it is any help at all, the version that came preinstalled with my new Vista PC is 5.6.5417 and the SR is P2G070717.01 and this will uninstall with no problem at all. The 'upgrade' was made available by means of a 'pop up' and it was presumably a later version than the one I have. Hopefully Aisha or someone else can give you details of their problem installation.

If I get the 'pop up' again I will have a look to see which version is on offer and post back here. I have no intention however of actually installing the darned thing!
Bad news Aisha (and anybody else that is following this thread), it doesn't work.

To be honest I had my suspicions as the MS site mentioned .msi apps and the Cyberlink product was an .exe file.

In short, the MS application installed OK but Power2Go didn't show up as an installed program in the list that followed.

Surely somebody from Cyberlink is monitoring this forum? If so, please post with some suggestions as I am seriously fed up now and wouldn't recommended your products to anybody at this rate.
Quote: I still haven't tried it yet, but just having read the cautions at the top of the page, I may hold off for now!

In for a penny, in for a pound! I have now downloaded it and when I get back home later will give it a go.

I'll let you know if it works.

Wish me good luck
Quote:
NOTE : In order to uninstall the Power2Go software, please visit the link given below to download the Windows un-installation utility :

msicuu2.exe

Please install it and execute from "Start\all programs\WindowsInstaller Cleanup" To check if Power2Go is on product list, If you can see Power2Go in product list. Select Power2Go and click "Remove" button to clean up Power2Go.

Have you got the link Aisha?
Hi Aisha

Sorry, I have no idea how to remove the advert.

The program isn't that bad, but it really annoys me that I can't uninstall it. I have tried a system restore and in safe mode but nothing will work.

To make me even more mad, I sent an email to Cyberlink support and they haven't even bothered to reply!
Quote: I have been struggling with the same problem - I haven't even used the product but tried to delete it because I can't shut down due to a pop-up window everytime to advertise an upgrade. I wish CyberLink had posted a warning that the "gift" was not applicable to anyone with Vista. I am also disappointed that Acer allowed them to promote the product on my new laptop. Is there nothing short of reformatting my whole computer that I can do to get rid of this huge annoyance?! Help!!!

Although I am as annoyed as you, in fairness the product does actually work under Vista.

Not that this makes up for the shoddy problems that have been caused or the total seeming lack of caring by Cyberlink though.
Quote:
Since I have enough of these CD/DVD burning programs already, I attempted to UNinstall Power2Go. Upon the start of the removal process, a box comes on that says "Terminating. This software designed for use only with Windows XP."

I have read this too late. Exactly the same thing has happened to me and I am shocked that no answer has been posted by CyberLink about this.
Go to: