Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks, Jeff! I'll try it. I'll let you know what I learn.
Have a good holiday weekend,
-Kirk
Hey Tony,
Thanks! No, the stills do not have transitions between them. I don't want the timelapse to just end, poof, black. The sequence is showcasing the build of a piece of equipment. So following the last still, the :02 transition comes up from black, to a still of the machine completed, then fades to black. 1400 stills, 1 frame per still, 30 fps = 46.6 seconds.
That's exactly what it plays back on the clock, :47 secs. Unfortunately the timeline plays that :47 of real time in 16:07. Each second of time on the timeline equals 2.92 seconds of real time on a clock. The timeline is moving slow...not in real time.
So when you Produce, the :47 of real time becomes 16:07 of real time and the timelapse runs way too fast.
I agree...this makes no sense.
I didn't catch it as I dragged the stills in groups to the timeline, because each time I played what I had dragged and it looked fine visually, 1 frame per shot. It wasn't until I played the whole thing that I noticed the timeline and real time (on a clock) didn't jive.
That's why I was curious if it's possible to double the duration (2 frames per still) or alter some other setting to correct it.

Thanks,
-Kirk
Hey Jeff,

This is the third try at this post. Apparently this interface doesn't like what I'm attaching. Also doesn't notify that the post didn't succeed.
In my attempt to be brief, I wasn't very clear. Thanks for your patience.
The timelapse consists of a little over 1400 stills, :02 transition, :05 still that includes an :02 fade to black.
On the timeline, the timelapse is 16:07, the end sequence is 7:15 = 23:22.
When this is played in the preview window...in real time (the clock on my wrist), the timelapse is :47, end sequence :07 = :54 secs. (I don't have the frames here because I'm timing it with my watch).
The playback looks good visually. I believe :54 is the correct time it should last. The timeline for the video track says 23:22 and I have to stretch out the audio track to :54 on the timeline to make it sync.
I Produce this at 30fps. When I played it back in the Produce window, it lasted, in real time, 1 minute 55 seconds. Obviously, the timelapse was very slow.
I caught my mistake. I went to the actual Produced file, and it plays exactly the opposite. It's true to the timeline, 23:22. The timelapse is way too fast and the music bed is accelerated. In fact, if I match the audio track to the video at 23:22 on the timeline, the Produced file music ends at 8:22. That's how fast it's playing back.
It seems to me there must be a duration setting or some other setting that is not correct. Is it possible to change the duration of the stills to 2 frames here on the timeline? I do not know why the timeline does not move in real time during preview playback. The real time speed in playback is correct visually...it's just not reflected that way on the timeline.
Thanks,
-Kirk
Thanks, Jeff

Confirmed timeline was and is set to 30fps.
1) Producing is not OK. Piece should last :54. When Produced lasts 1:55. Timelapse runs way too slow and final sequence plays in just a few frames. Placed that :07 sequence (transition/still/fade) on another video track, no difference. Music bed is :54, plays fine and ends on time. Have Produced as MPEG-2 and WMV both 24fps and 30fps. No difference.
2 & 3) Where are these Produce options located? Haven't been able to find.

Thanks!
Hi,
Newbie here...first time trying a timelapse with stills. Watched a tutorial, following it, makes sense. Imported about 1400 stills, dragged them in groups to the timeline. Set the duration for each to one frame, as suggested in the tutorial. In real time it's about 47 sec. worth, but the timeline shows only about 22 sec. elapsed. Ending the piece with a transition, 5 sec. still and fade to black. In playback, the cursor just skips over that entire sequence like it doesn't exist. The music track doesn't match since the timeline isn't showing real time. I'm stumped. Any help is appreciated.
Go to: