Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for all your help, I think i know what i need to do to make it work in PD16 a MPEG-2, just a shame H.264 doesn't work.

Sony crashed at some point last night, so setting off ther 8 hour render again.
Hi.

I'll edit the post to add the attachment.

That's an interesting option I didn't think it would work I expected power director would just recode at a higher bit rate, but I guess if it's a maximum the initial produce would have capped the file size. I might give that a try.

What I've done in the meantime is learn Vegas dvd architect. I've added in all 7 videos built up a custom menu system and set it off to encode to h.264, still got about 5 hours left on the render as it's only using about 10% of my cpu power. Be interested to see if it works if not I'll try your suggestion above to force the bit rate lower on the older codec.

Cheers
So the Vegas AVC H.264 disc has rendered and it works just fine. Attached is the MediaInfo for that file, so its definatly an issue with PD16 not working with H264 like it is meant to.

Edit - Add Attachment
I almost brought 50gb discs but got 25x25gb instead. I've got the raw videos so I'll probably just do 2 discs for now. At some point I'll likely recode it in 4k.
Although music of my source content is GoPro 4k60, I went to 1080/24p to better match bluray players.

Using MPEG-2 in PD16 has worked on my sample of 16mins, it can fast forward/rewind/skip to chapter, of course its 24Mbps rather than 18Mbps so it won't fit onto one disc by about 11GB.

Still waiting on Vegas DVD Architect to do its render in AVC H.264 to see if that works.

Any idea why H.264 doesn't work in Power Director, it is a selectable option so i assume it should work?
Hi

MPEG-2 will push me over 1 disc and i can't save enough space by dropping the audio files, so i'll just split it into 2 and try that to see if it helps. I've used Media info to see what is being created and Vegas is making an Mpeg-2 disc so im just re-trying it as AVC H.264 now (currently at 11% done).

I've attached the Media files for the MP4 created by PD16 produce, the PD16 M2TS file from the disc, and the Sony Vegas M2TS file from the disc, if it helps at all.

MPEG-4 (H.264) should work, as it was added to blu-ray spec quite early on, as you say to save space compared to the older MPEG-2 (H.261) format. I know H.265 is even better compression at a cost of a little more CPU hence why they use it for 4k media, but it's not in blu-ray spec so won't work in any non-4k players.
Still no luck.

So whilst i was out. I finished burning the ISO created by PD16 to a physical disc using ImgBurn. And it still has the issue in being unable to fast forward/rewind/skip to chapter when played on PC or bluray players.

I've now tried what you suggested and totally disabled hardware rendering, see attached screenshots. To speed this up, i just did 1 video for 16mins with 4 chapters. I have created a new iso, with hardware rendering all off, and again as an mounted ISO or burnt disc, I still cannot fast forward/rewind/skip to chapter.

Other than moving away from PD to something like Sony Vegas DVD Architect which works, im not sure what else to try but given i've paid for PD16 ultimate I would expect it to work even if it's not able to use the GPU encoding.

Any more suggestions?
Hi .

Although I have an nvidia gpu the hardware encoding option is unchecked and greyed out during the burn disc menu. I assume it is therefore already disabled and using software rendering for creating the ISO .

The videos themselves have also been produced in PD16 without hardware rendering enabled.

What I can do is copy all the videos to an old laptop that has no gpu and try creating the iso on that and see what happens to totally take the gpu out of the loop.
New ISO created on latest version of power director still has the same issue (fast forward/rewind/chapters not working) when mounted on the PC and played via PowerDVD18 (also latest patch).

Going to try and burn to disc now and test in a real player.
Thank you for the input and taking time to reply.

I've taken my existing iso image that PD created and mounted it on the PC rather than playing from disc to try it. The issue still remains, which hints the ISO created by PD16 is the issue.
As above, I tried the same with the Sony Vegas DVD architect ISO and it works fine mounted to a drive or burned to a disc.

I've updated PD16 to the latest version. I can see in the "Produce" tab, I can now use hardware rendering and I tried it out on a section of the video it is much faster. However on the create disc tab, "Enable hardware video encoder" is still greyed out. As such the new ISO is only at 15% so ill try it as soon as its ready. Both mounted as an ISO and burned to a disc, and see if it works.

In the meantime my DXDiag is attached. The PC should be fine for PD16 to run, the CPU is 3 years old but it's a top of the line 8 core (16 logical) CPU with the latest graphic card and updated drivers.
Hi,

I went on holiday to the Galapagos last year and took loads of footage whilst I was there. I brought PD16 in August and have over time compiled the videos for the 2 weeks I was there. My PD16 version is 16.0.2816.1
The videos have been created and rendered as follows own work just fine if played in windows.

• H.264 AVC

• MPEG-4

• 1920x1080/24p (16 Mbps)

• (UK PAL)

My PC Spec is

• CPU - Intel i7-6700K

• RAM - 32GB

• GPU - nVidia 1080GTX

• BluRay Drive - LG WH14NS40

• Discs - Verbatim, BD-R and BD-RE.

I've now taken my videos, and added them together in PD so they are as 1 title, added the chapters to them and gone to create disc.
I selected

• Blu-Ray 25GB

• Widescreen 16:9

• H.264

• 1920x1080/24p (17 Mbps)

• LPCM 2 Channel

• Hardware rendering off (greyed out)

• x.v color disabled.

I've burnt onto 2 discs, and played them on the PC (VLC, Windows and PowerDVD) and 2 different blu-ray players (one is a newer 4K player too) and the issues are always the same.
The video will start fine, and play as normal. But as soon as i use pause, rewind, fast forward or chapter select, it freezes up. It sometimes starts to work again, but i usually have to go right back to the start of the video. Given its 2 hours long i need to be able to skip forwards and backwards, so any help would be appricated.

Thanks

Edit

FYI - I took 2 of the videos, and dropped them into Sony Vegas DVD Architect. I was able to add chapters and create and ISO then burn that image using ImgBurn. The chapters and fast forward works fine. So that confirms everything is working but PowerDirector 16, Create Disc section. Hmmm, any ideas?
Go to: