Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote 6991 Williams Ferry Rd: You may be correct that my previous post did not answer the question.

If one has multiple copies of the same photo, each renamed, PhotoDirector does not detect them as duplicates. Adobe Lightroom does the same, as do other photo management applications

It would be possible to create Smart Collections by capture date or tags to gather duplicates together, if that was the sole purpose. I would think this is an unnecessarily complex way to do it, but it's possible.

It would be far easier to isolate duplicate photos in Window Explorer, sorting by capture date or file size, then removing duplicates from the equation.

PIX

I was afraid that would be the answer. I used a cloud drive and it cloned all my pictures. Thank you.
Quote I don;t think this answers the question. Removing ohotos and folders is easy. What the original poster is asking is a way to detect duplicates (I assume from file size/metadata), and remove them.

I am going through 61K photos right now, and thing this would also be fabulous.

Did you ever figure out a way to detect and remove duplicates?
Go to: