Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for comapring test. This is waht I though, the ColorDirector CPU utiliation efficiency is so bad.

Even we have a good hardware, but the ColorDirector just not able to utilize it well.

So cause the hardware upgrage not improving the color grading speed.

I hope Cyberlink can fix this issue sooner. Otherwise color grading is so time consuming.

Looking forward to see the solution. Thanks guys.

Very interesting results. Thanks for posting these. What is surprising is that the CPU utilization isn't higher for the inadequate machine as the presumed rendering difficulty goes up.

AFter I went back to tech support and posted a link to this thread, they responded with this:

"Per current program design, ColorDirector does not utilize hardware processing as much as the basic color adjustment features that are included in PowerDirector even though some color adjustment options are similar.
Our engineering team keeps enhancing the software performance between ColorDirector versions. For this concern and your video, it has been escalated to the engineering team as a product improvement reference."

So, we are apparently stuck with this until some later release when software performance will be improved.

Meanwhile, I downloaded Davinci Resolve, figured out how to do a little color grading on a 25 second 4K 30fps test clip and rendered at 4K using H.264. Using ColorDirector with only a single color preset applied, the 25 second clip took over 3 minutes to render, whereas the same clip with similar color grading applied in Davinci Resolve took 35 seconds. The biggest difference was that Davinci Resolve showed CPU utilization approaching 100%, whereas it was about 30% in ColorDirector. GPU utilization was around 20% in Davinci Resolve versus no more than 10% in ColorDirector. Clearly ColorDirector needs a major upgrade!! Only immediate problem I see with Davinci Resolve is the steep learning curve required, and it doesn't yet support H.265 rendering (in the free version), which is supported in PD and CD.

Still waiting on tech support. They have been prompt in replies on a couple of earlier issues, so hoping to hear back in next couple of days. Earlier issues were unsolved and referred to their engineering team, and I'm guessing this will be the same. Will post a response when I get it.

Once you get any update from the support or engineering team, please let me know. Thanks.
Yes! The ColorDirector8 is very slow, after apply color grading and some small HDR effect.
I try few times on my drone or sony camera 4k video, about 3 min video, I have to spend more than 3 hours for rendering.
By the way, my CPU is Ryzen 3960x with 64GB DDR4 memory and GTX 1060 6GB.
On my case, during rendering, the CPU usage only aroung 10~15 %, and GPU usage is around 20~30%.
So it seems ColorDirector does not use CPU or GPU as well.
Did you get any respond from the tech support?

I assume you are talking about slow rendering in ColorDirector 8 after applying color grading. I too have this issue and have elevated it to Tech Support. I'm using the Director Suite 365 subscription software, and ColorDirector is at least 16x slower than PowerDirector at rendering on my platform, which is a Ryzen 1700X eight core processor with 16 GB RAM and an nVidia 1070x GPU with 6 GB RAM. It doesn't seem like the GPU is being utilized in ColorDirector, whereas PowerDirector CPU and GPU usage is high, along with much speedier results in PowerDirector when using only simple color adjustments in PD. I believe this is a software issue. I've tried it with drone video as well as video from my Lumix G9, and the results are the same.
Hi. I used the Color Director a while for color grading my drone video.

I usually apply LUT and adjust some HDR effect and color.

But no matter I use Intel i9 CPU or AMD Threadripper CPU.

Both of them CPU usage is not high (30~40% only) during the video output.

So I though is there any way to enhance it?

Or it is software issue?

Is there anybody face the same issue?

And does anyone has solution about this issue?

Please share with me, thanks.
Does any body has the lens profile for DJI Phantom 4 video?

I did some search but not albe to find one.

Does any one know where to get it?

Thanks!
Go to: